Topic: Goof Troop Theme

I know it is a little silly, but if anyone can figure out the chords to this or know where to find the chords, that would be amazing.  E and A sound right to me so far, so maybe in the key of E?  I wish I had a better ear.  Thanks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ts7--zxXXKQ

Re: Goof Troop Theme

I could not find any,welcome too chordie dolver ,someone here may check this out later and be able to help.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

3 (edited by TeaAnd12tone 2011-04-20 18:34:22)

It starts of in the key of E major, yep. At 0:40 you should be able to hear the key change? It changes to the dominant key: B major.

Stick to the E chord until 0:15. There's a bit that only has drums and one singer so it's hard to figure out the chord - perhaps go to an A or B major if you think they sound good.

At 0:15 (when the backing vocal comes in) it goes to A; when you hear the BVs go up a step, go to B.
The next chord change is a C sharp minor, followed by a D major. This is a "non-functional" chord as it isn't within the key of E, but don't worry about that nonsense.

Then for the "stick together" bit, you want a 1 4 6 5 pattern.
Every two beats, change the chord. The pattern is: E, A, C sharp minor, B.

Play that through twice until you get to the "side by side" bit. For that bit do E, A, B, Csharp minor and stay on that chord until the key change.

The pattern for this bit (play twice) is: B, E, Gsharp minor, Fsharp.

Then: B E Fsharp A. (Again, A major isn't in the key of B so it might sound odd)

I guess you should end on a Fsharp followed by a B.

This would be much easier in the key of C, especially considering you'd only have to have a key change to G which has much easier chords than B.

Wow!  This is GREAT!  Thanks so much for this!  I look forward to getting home and trying it out!

Just curious - if I changed it to the key of C and then the key of G, what would the first D major become and then the final A at the end of the song?

dolver wrote:

Just curious - if I changed it to the key of C and then the key of G, what would the first D major become and then the final A at the end of the song?

D major would become B flat major. The A would be F major. Let us know how you get on!