Re: how old is every one?

46 here. Have played for a few years and just learning banjo and keyboard as well.
I wish I like many other had started playing years ago.

Am 48 years old today,yepeee! and I feel like I am 35.
I also have a condition that the more beer I drink the younger I get. Aiming for around 20 years old tonight!!

Well a Happy Birthday to ya WolfMan. May you party like a college kid tonight!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Cheers Topdown. Will be starting my time-warp shuffle in a couple of hours when I finish work, this time tomorrow I should be feeling 105!! and it will take me to Christmas eve to feel right again.

Ooo..  born in 1955..  started playing guitar at 12.   I played in a few bands back in the day..  ironically its now that I'm playing gigs and making a little bit of $$.  Funny how things go. 
Deb

WolfMan13 wrote:

Am 48 years old today,yepeee! and I feel like I am 35.
I also have a condition that the more beer I drink the younger I get. Aiming for around 20 years old tonight!!

Happy birthday, Wolfman,

I am getting far to old (pushing 70) to do the party-till-I-puke number anymore but more power to those of you who wish to and are able.
I never touch intoxicants unless I am playing music. A beer or two seems to put my old brain in party mode and I can then loosen up and think of a ton of fun tunes to play.
A third or forth beer and my skills and lyric memory tail off dramatically.
Time to switch to ice water.
If I take a wee nap I can still boogie all night. smile
toots

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

Who am I kidding Toots??
Your right my party animal days are behind me in truth. I reckon I will have a couple of beers strum a few chords and keep my wife awake with my terrible snorring which I get when I drink beer.
Anyway guitarist dont get old they are like the instuments they play they mellow with age and their tone gets better and better. Quality not quantity and your right a couple of beers seems to open the old song book in your head.
All the best
WolfMan

Not sure if I am the oldest guy on here but here goes. I am 62 years young, (you are only as old as you feel) and starting playing bass guitar back in the mid 60's into the early 70's. Became a DJ and that finished in 1990. Bought a Ibanez GSR200 in 2000 and have played a few gigs with friends since then. Your never to old to rock!

Hi quests ,no you are not the oldest here there are older and alot of us in the fifty ,sixty year old group,myself I am sixty two also.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Hi Dino, nice to hear from you. I played in a variety of pop and early rock bands and as I mentioned in my earlier posting, then became a DJ which made me a lot more money. I run a Jazz venue once a month in a town called Stourbridge and have been involved in promotions for many years now. Still miss the big gigs and travelling around the country as we all enjoyed ourselves and met a lot of other bands, some who became famous. (what did we do wrong?) Anyway, it's nice to be playing again. Regards, Bill.

i am 64 been playing for 4 years so do not think age has a lot to do with it keep struming guys.

Sorry, I just found this post. 45 here!

41 going on 22, been playing (Ha ha, I always laugh well I call it that!) for about 2 and half years now.

The road can get pretty rough for most of us, cj.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

57, I'm self-taught. I started 32 years ago. Stopped 30 years ago, picked it up again 8 months ago. And here's why...I worked in a Cigar shop, Blaine Larsen came in with a few other guys. To kill some time before going to my local Country radio station for an interview they brought their guitars in and played for about 2 hrs.  Unbelievable, a 2-hrs concert just for me.

Went out and bought a Fender Acoustic within a week and then an Epiphone Les Paul 100 about a month ago. 

I wish I never quit.

hi ovation it does'nt matter what age we are we are all learnig and helping each other to play,perform,write and create music,i'm 57 and there's a lot i can learn from young and senior members,i know about 12 chords that i use on the first three frets,i've learnt and progressed with my playing and song writing in the last 4 yrs,but you should never be too proud to ask for help its here if you need it,just enjoy the experience and love what you do....stay cool

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool

217 (edited by dino48 2011-04-17 16:41:13)

When you get to 29you just use the alpbet ie: 29a,b,c and so on till you run out of it then tell your true age,and be proud you are a survivor. young age is great but old age and trechery is more fun.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Hi;
Jeez, I'll be 58 in September... Still, I'm tall and lean and in full shape, and my two sons also play with me - when they've got time. Blues à la Johnny Winter, hard rock, country rock... Man, it really helps.

Eddy

Bop until you Drop

219 (edited by joeyjoeyjoey 2011-04-17 21:03:51)

im 50.Not 50 years old or young,just 50.Dont know about anyone else but this is the best age ever.I love to rock out and I dont care who knows it. I am not lean and in shape anymore but thats the best   part of being 50. Its an age where I dont care what others think. Where I love getting older my friends(non players), hate it.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

I'm heading into 61 in a few weeks and having more fun than ever. I picked up the guitar again after 35 years of trying to get on with life and thanks to chordie I have been able to play again.  all I can say is, thank you all for the inspiration.

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

Keep it going this time bluejeep and welcome to chordie,alot of us are in your age group.

I'm 16.  Reading through this thread i noticed a few New Zealanders. I was born in New Zealand and still have my accent. (People are always teasing me about it sad ) Go the All Blacks!

P.S Wish I could play drums and piano.

"Where you begin doesn't matter. Your willingness to start is what counts."
Without music life would be a mistake.
Country music is three chords and the truth.
cool cool cool cool cool cool

Im so old that I remember when the Dead Sea was only sick,and Mt. Everest was just a hill.

LJ200555,
Were you at the brontosaur BBQ I had a few years back?

Now available in 5G !

31 going on 32..... been playing acoustic since Jan 2011 only.... still have some years left to master it!