1 (edited by joeyjoeyjoey 2011-04-29 22:24:43)

Topic: Should I or shouldnt I.

I got a phone call today.My 2001 strat is all done being set up from the music store.I have a 1996 strat that I play as my regular guitar.I am thinking of giving my daughter the 2001.She has a squier strat but mine is a mexican fender.Should I or shouldnt I.     I am also thinking of selling my 1966 Ric 450-6.I have had this since 1982.Again should I.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Re: Should I or shouldnt I.

If you give your daughter the 01 are you "really" giving it to her? I mean it's not like you can't play it whenever you want right? Don't sell the Rickenbacker!!!! That is a classic and you should be ashamed of yourself for thinking of getting rid of it.  Can I have it? Since you're being so generous and all.

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

id say give the one to your daughter and keep the rest. i have sold or given away more guitars than i care to mention. maybe think about giving them to some one you trust and wants to play.

Everything is bad including me
But being bad is good policy
Reverend Horton Heat

4 (edited by joeyjoeyjoey 2011-04-29 23:10:30)

Z  yes I would be giving it to her.I love my 96.That is the one she cant have.I do let her play any of mine that she wants.(including the ric) but she usually plays her own only.I would rather see her play the 01 than have it sit.I am even waiting for a cover from musicians friend to make it  look more like her age(13) Thanx for giving me the answer I wanted to hear on the ric.oh and NO you cant have it  LOL   Funny thing abvout the ric.That is the same guitar I used to toss in the back of a 69 chevy pickup and leave there if it wasnt raining.I was 23 then.Now im 50 and have a little more respect for all my instruments. Especially the classics

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

If she is playing yes you should,I want the ric also.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

yes she does play dino,Started taking lessons since age 9.She is building up a collection of her own

Enjoy Every Sandwich

joey that is good news,sounds like she is one who will keep playing.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Trade up is OK.  Give away is OK.  But selling an instrument unless its dire circumstance is rough.  'Specially a Ric.

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Did it yesterday.Gave my 13 year old daughter the 2001 strat.The setup was great.It plays great and sounds great.They even cleaned it up and it looks great.It is still hers now.Too bad she is too young to appreciate what a fine instrument it is.I still have my 1996 strat which I like better anyways.Do I have any regrets about spending the money to give it away.No. She is still my little girl.Also when I die she will end up with quite the bunch of guitars and amps.(even the ric)

Enjoy Every Sandwich