Topic: Shows we hate

We just did shows we love. How about shows we hate?
Here's mine.
Any thing with a sound track!!! I do not need to be told when to laugh!!!!

Re: Shows we hate

Jeez... Shows i hate...um there is a LOT.

"Where you begin doesn't matter. Your willingness to start is what counts."
Without music life would be a mistake.
Country music is three chords and the truth.
cool cool cool cool cool cool

Hard to say.  I don't usually watch shows that I hate long enough to remember what they are. 

My kids watch a lot of Disney TV.  Mostly harmless stuff (I don't permit them to watch the shows I consider to be harmful, of course).  But surely not interesting.  I can't say I hate it, though,  That's pretty strong language. 

Football pre-game nonsense.  I hate that.  An hour of people talking emphatically about something that hasn't happened yet. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Where do I begin? I can count on one (maybe two) hands the shows I like!

aanything on lifetime.the O channel. Basically any channel  my wife watches.She is watching project runway right now.Agood time to go on this siite or practice.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

i hate most of it.

Everything is bad including me
But being bad is good policy
Reverend Horton Heat

Disney shows.  I can't stand them.  They are all about the following.

Unsupervised children that are/trying to be/used to be a rock star/actor/celebrity that get over on simpleton adults.

The only message coming out of Disney these days is that being on television is the only worthwhile goal, and your parents are unnecessary.

Frankly, I think they aught to put violence back in cartoons.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

I do not like most reality shows.  They are just getting out of hand.  And a lot of these new sitcoms are just plain stupid.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

I'm with you Pete..  dislike all the reality tv..  I never thought it would go on this long..  and now, there seems to be no end in sight.  Thank God I play guitar..

Gives me an idea,debrap.  Maybe we can start a guitar jamming reality show.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

bensonp wrote:

And a lot of these new sitcoms are just plain stupid.

Our pastor called them 'smut coms'.  Given how much sex is suggested and talked about, I'd have to say that's about right.

- Zurf

If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom

jerome.oneil wrote:

Unsupervised children that are/trying to be/used to be a rock star/actor/celebrity that get over on simpleton adults.

Those are the harmful ones they don't watch. 

I think my favorite one they do watch is Phinneas and Ferb. 

- Zurf

Zurf wrote:
bensonp wrote:

And a lot of these new sitcoms are just plain stupid.

Our pastor called them 'smut coms'.  Given how much sex is suggested and talked about, I'd have to say that's about right.

- Zurf

So my 11 year old likes a particuar radio station, where they play top 40. It's mostly crap.  So when she's listening to it, I generally tune out and don't pay attention.  Yesterday, the soon-to-be-Mrs is listening, and she says "Do you think that's appropriate?"   I had no idea what she meant.  So I started listening to the lyrics, and frankly, I was pretty shocked at the explicitness of it.   "Chains and whips excite me?"  "I'mma disrobe you, then Imma probe you?"    It went on and on.  I changed the channel, and now I have to actually listen to that stuff before I let her turn it on.

It's a sad day when the *radio* is too explicit for kids, but now I'm an old fuddy duddy.  Bound to happen, I guess.

Most of us become fuddy duddys when we have children to protect.

Ugly Betty and anything related to "reality" TV.  Makes me want to hurl...

Now available in 5G !

I do not know if he is still around but I always wanted to nail that big purple dinasour Barney, I don't like the view either.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

I'm with ya Jerome. I wanted to expose my 7 yr old son to some of my music. It's really hard to find classic rock that is ok for children to listen to. I did it, but it took alot of lyric reading to pull it off.

I mentioned my 7 yr old, like Zurf's kids he like Phineas, Planet Sheen(which is really hilarious for adults too), Avatar, stuff like that. I that the almighty Lord above that he never got into Oobi or Yo Gabba Gabba( he does actually watch this some times). If you've ever seen these 2 shoes you know what I'm talking about. The worst shows ever put on the air.

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

18 (edited by jamier 2011-05-03 09:59:07)

Any soap opera.
The Bold and Beautiful, Days of our lives, The Young and the restless, Sunset Beach etc etc . . .

I am in South Africa and not fortunate enough to be able to afford Satellite tv, every time I turn the boob tube on its one of these after another.

My friends daughter is 9 years old and thinks its perfectly appropriate to sleep around and change your partners every 5 minutes.She watches this drek with her mother who LOVES it.

I don't really watch much tv but can suffer through most anything except Nancy Grace!

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

Okay guys, I'll say it: Grey's Anatomy AND Private Practice. The fact that I even know these shows exist is an embarrassment but marriage is a complicated animal. Maybe I should consult Dr. Doolittle!

Add me to the fuddy duddy list.  We have gone for years without antenna, satellite, or cable.  Don't really miss it much.  What little we watch is streaming on Hulu and Fancast.  We find we have no interest in the vast majority of what's out there.

That said, my wife loves House.  I can't stand it.  I find the main character to be totally reprehensible and morally bankrupt.  I also find the plots to be repetitive.

Scott
Philippians 3:13, 14
Takamine GS330S

zguitar wrote:

I'm with ya Jerome. I wanted to expose my 7 yr old son to some of my music. It's really hard to find classic rock that is ok for children to listen to. I did it, but it took alot of lyric reading to pull it off.

I mentioned my 7 yr old, like Zurf's kids he like Phineas, Planet Sheen(which is really hilarious for adults too), Avatar, stuff like that. I that the almighty Lord above that he never got into Oobi or Yo Gabba Gabba( he does actually watch this some times). If you've ever seen these 2 shoes you know what I'm talking about. The worst shows ever put on the air.

I don't think classic rock is too bad.   When they do talk about sex, they're at least a bit more subtle about it.

Compare

"Let me stand next to your fire"  or "...really love your peaches want to shake your tree..."  with "first Imma disrobe ya, then Imma probe ya."

The first two leave a lot to the imagination.  The last really doesn't.

I'm going to add "The Royal Wedding" to my list, too.   smile