Topic: easy slow songs for beginner acoustic player

Hey guys, so here's the deal; I'm planning on doing some open mics this summer, I already know how to play Broken by Secondhand Serenade. I'm looking for some easy acoustic songs that people will know, possibily some slow songs, like songs for a couple or something. Anything is appreciated, thanks for your help, I really need this.
~Sincerly, Christopher

Re: easy slow songs for beginner acoustic player

Half the World Away, or a few other Oasis songs.
Fast Cars by Tracy Chapman
How to Save a Life or anything by The Fray. They're not very good but you could make the tunes more pleasant easily.
You've Got a Friend in Me by Randy Newman sounds good slowed down, and it has quite a lot of chords but can be simplified.
Space Oddity
Try some Simon & Garfunkel stuff, too.

i dont know how to do bar chords yet, but I did find some good songs, thank you for your help. If you think of any more let me know. smile

Check into the public songbooks.  There are a number of them that are categorized for beginners.  Browsing through them may give you some ideas.  There are also a number of easy-playing arrangements available for sale from music retailers. 

Welcome to Chordie.

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

"Knocking on Heaven's Door"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xw6bbTxb … re=related

Chords are:
G,D,A minor, G, D C

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

Oh, do you want to learn how to play barre chords well? I can give you some tips if so.

Try some bob dylan,credence clearwater, neil diamond. and there are alot of beatles tunes that are easy.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

@ TeaAnd12tone yes I do want to learn barre chords because a lot of songs need them big_smile

On an Island by David Gilmour (of Pink Floyd fame)  relatively eash chords and some barre chords to get you working some basic bar chords

Here's one of my favorites to play that is very easy and almost everyone knows it smile

"Island in the Sun" by Weezer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnAy_ba-3Pg   EM Am D G  All the way through big_smile Not really a slow song though....

I'll throw some more out later when I have more time to post...

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]