Topic: Autumn Leaves, Acoustic

Hello,

I have been having a heck of a time with my Presonus Interface since I purchased a new PC , so I am back to using my Zoom Q-3.
Today I sat down and recorded Autumn Leaves with an acoustic guitar and did it in one take. My dog was in and out of the dog door a couple of times during the recording , but what the heck.

Here Goes,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8XlMiUcn8s

Later, Wayne P

Re: Autumn Leaves, Acoustic

I loved it Wayne! Gave you the thumbs up on YouTube The space you're in has a great acoustics. Sweet guitar work. I accompanied someone for this once - it was the jazzy version with lots of monstrous chords. Yours is much more pleasant.

May I make a suggestion? Mess around with where your right hand is for some parts, especially for something like that where you're fingerpicking rather than strumming. For most of a song it should be just right of the sound-hole. If you want a wider, sort of bassier, sweet sound, play near the neck. If you want a thinner, tighter, maybe more aggressive sound play near the bridge. This is what classical string players call tasto and ponticello. smile

William

Wayne, nice job. What are you using for a sound system ? Great sound. Also I play the Big Horns in the summer. What part of Wyoming are you in ?

Joe

Thanks,

I used a Audix ADX-51 small condensor mic that is picking up guitar and vocals and I run the mic into a Genz-Benz Compak 300 acoustic amp and the Genz Benz fills the room with sound so I just Set the Zoom Q-3 up about anywhere and it comes out pretty good acoustic wise.

I am from Gillette, I have been to the Bighorn Mountain Festival all but the first year. I am hoping to make it this year and I also like to attend the Nowoodstock Festival in Ten Sleep. I am hoping to catch some others in Wyoming and Colorado. I will be working 14 on and 14 off schedule so I hope I hit the right days off.

Later, Wayne P

Wayne ,Thanks for sharing. I'll have to check out that gear. I'm always tied up on the weekends when all those cool shows are happening. Been thru Gillette many times. Keep on rockin' dude.

Joe

Brilliant as always!!!

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

Good one,keep the dog in the act!

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Beautiful Wayne!  Just Beautiful!!!!!!  smile

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

It is a beautiful song, it's so peaceful. Loved it smile

"Where you begin doesn't matter. Your willingness to start is what counts."
Without music life would be a mistake.
Country music is three chords and the truth.
cool cool cool cool cool cool

Great song done with a tender feeling. I enjoyed your rendition so much. Good on ya, sir.
toots

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

Very nice, Wayne!

" Old Guy is Rocking"
Simon & Patrick Pro Flamed Maple (mmm, nice...)
Norman ST68 acoustic

Great, Wayne.  Is that the J45?  It sounds good too.  I'm still thinking of getting one the next time around.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Thanks everyone,

Sorry I haven't been around much lately to contribute.

Yes , the guitar is a J-45 and just a really nice guitar with sweet voice.

Later, Wayne P