Topic: John Reno and John Patti Make The Top Five in Folgers Contest

So proud to to announce My buddy John Reno (guitar/vocal) and John Patti (steel drum player) have made it into the top five in the Folgers Coffee jingle contest. http://bestpartofwakinup.com/folgers-jingle-contest Follow this link to see all competitors.
They will travel to New York City June 16th to compete on national T.V. for the final win. The competition will be broadcast nationwide in an "American Idol" type format with celebrity judges.  The show will also be broadcast over the huge trinitron screen at Times Square.                         The winner(s) will go to California to record a new Folgers jingle and get paid $25,000.
You better believe I will announce the time and channel of the T.V. show right here on this forum.
toots

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

Re: John Reno and John Patti Make The Top Five in Folgers Contest

good stuff toot's. hoping your buddy wins it all.

badeye   cool

one caper after another

Toots I hope your bud wins also,keep us posted.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Win or lose that's just too cool! I hope they win.

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.

Tell John all of us from Chordie said good luck, we'll be rooting for him, but I must say I'm a "Good To The Last Drop Kinda Guy" but rooting for John anyway, actually the last coffee I bought was Folgers, it was on sell two dollars cheaper.

Cam

Keep a fire burning in your eyes
Pay attention to the open sky
You never know what will be coming down

Thanks guys, Ya'll are the best.
toots

I like his song, and love the image at the end.  smile  I'll be rooting for him, and wish lots - O - Luck!!  smile

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

How can that not win?  Meaning no disrespect to the high quality entries by the other musicians, they didn't come close to your buddies' entry. 

Good luck to them. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Thank you, Zurf. Appreciate your support. I feel the same, of course.
toots