Topic: Sold

Well, I did something that I'm not proud of, but it was a means to an end.
I had 2 guitars just sitting around collecting dust. 1 was a 3/4 size made in china piece of wood that was supposed to be my son's but it was too big for him right now and was really cheap. The other was my first guitar. An Ibanez dread that was nothing special, it came in one of those players pack things. I've had it since 2002 I believe. I learned on it but now have better and easier to play guitars that I like more. So, I heard on the radio that Guitar Center was having a trade-in day. I took the 2 in and waited around while they looked things up, my son was banging on some drums for quite a while, end of story is I left there with $50. $40 for the Ibanez and $10 for the junker. I knew I wouldn't get much even if I craigslisted them and was tired of having them just taking up space. $10 or $20 more would have made me feel better, but it is what it is. they are out of my hair and I have $50 more in the bank. I could have applied that money and gotten 15% off if I bought something, but I'm trying not to do any extra spending right now. Besides, I couldn't think of anything that i need right now. Other than a 1/2 size for my son.

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Sold

z if you diditthen maybe it is time to get a one half sizefor your son now.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Re: Sold

I went into a GC, yesterday, to see if I coiuld get some repair work on a homemade tube head I have. While waiting on the guitar tech to finish up with the customer that he was with I overheard him say that the deal GC was offering was''t as good as it sounded. He said that GC was acting just like a pawn shop in that they were buying way below market price so they could make some $$$ later and that what they had on sale was marked up enough so that any discounts they were offering would still allow them to make their profit margin. Anyway, that's what I heard.

Nela