Topic: Harder to us chordie

Having been a member for quite a few years I am now finding this site very hard to use . So many songs are now unavailable and most most of the time clicking on my songbooks are a waste of time - it is so slow or not working . . I am now looking elswhere for stuff .What exactly is the problem ?

any resemblance to my songs sounding anything like the original is highly unlikely.

2 (edited by arkady 2011-05-16 06:52:16)

Re: Harder to us chordie

Hi evsynator
Some songs have become unavailable to view because of copyright problems the Beatles being the most missed by members. Others have been put off limits to because of the same reasons it's a shame but if Chordie was to keep going this had to be done.
I have no problems accessing my songs in my songbooks or looking up the songs that are available to view.
Chordie goes slow at times and goes down ocasionally but so does most sites on the web I guess you've been unlucky.
There's no exact problem to this......
As Chordie is a free site we are all free to go elsewhere.
ark

That's why If I find a song I like I save it to my computer or print it fairly quickly. Before it disappears. I don't keep too many songs in my songbook.

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.

I do the same deadstring,if I were too go pay for all the songs I have in my two books I could pay for a new guitar.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

two books.Is that all.I have 5 three ring binders.Thanks chordie and all the other sites that provided the tabs.A lot of the others have been shut down.Chordie is the best and easiest to use

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

" As Chordie is a free site we are all free to go elsewhere. " A rather rude answer from a moderator to someone who has been a longtime supporter of chordie and was only asking a question .

any resemblance to my songs sounding anything like the original is highly unlikely.

I would also like to say that I have been sticking with this same problem for over a year before commenting .

I didn't take his answer as rude.  Perhaps you need a new computer.  I have no problem with my song books.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Excuse me but I see no rudeness in arkady's reply.If you will start from the get go you will realize you are the one who originated the idea of looking else where.
Stick around. With all the floods, earthquakes and other disasters going on how bad can it be to wait on a songbook occasionally?

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.

I'd like to see a better site, with a better group of members - My bet is it don't exist. Someone once said, "You can please some of the people most of the time, most of the people some of the time, but complainers are gonna complain regardless" ... well the saying went something like that.

If you find songs you like that chordie doesn't have - be proactive and hit the "add songs" link

http://www.chordie.com/addurl.php

Like others have said - blame it on the damn lawyers -dozens of tab sites have been shut down because of them.

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

i do go elsewhere sometimes,but this is still the best.Try using ultimate guitar.It takes forever.Besides,where else is there a chat room for guitarists.As far as ease of use and nice people.THIS IS THE PLACE

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

I have looked at the other sites and I do not think there is one that comes close too being as good as chordie!

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

This is a great site regardless of a few glitches. I show my songbooks to friends and they are immediately impressed. Yes, some songs are not perfect but you can adjust as needed. Copyright laws are here to stay, so deal with it. Right ?

There was rudness in the reply .... I hate snobbery of people who know one or two more chords than someone else and think they are cool . Anyone that has any fight left in them should be fighting against these copyright laws which which are stopping the use of the internet for educational purposes..
soheyman... for example .... yeh right ... you wait until nothing is available . Because that is the way it is going . Then comments like yours will look very stupid .
Every day... bit by bit ... the freedom we have on the net is being took away .....

If you're unhappy, build a bot to spider the web for every tab that exists, set it loose and save everything in your data center. And then host the site for free and find a way to come up with the cash to defend yourself against a DMCA lawsuit once the labels start bringing them.

You do have a data center, right?  Oh wait - probably not because they cost millions and millions of dollars to build.
But your friend, a world-class intellectual property lawyer, will take your case pro bono once Sony, Arista, etc. sue you for $10,000 times the number of songs you have on your servers......oh wait, you don't have that either?

Damn. Sounds like your site will have limited bandwidth and might have songs deindexed from time to time, too.

RELATED NOTE: Thanks to whomever is putting up their time and $$$ to provide this site to us.

PS. THAT was a rude reply. Arkady merely stated fact.