Topic: enable private messaging

hi, i've just signed up to chordie. how do you alter your profile details?

it says to enable private messaging, i must do it in my profile. where is that?lol. i'm confused :S

Re: enable private messaging

Where does it say that you should enable private mesaging. Private messaging should be enabled by default. There are no settings for your profile.

i saw the reply to your question about enabling private messenging..didnt help much..i was wondering if u figured it out on your own?if so tell me please..thanks

Click "PM" to send private messages.

Same problem here, I`m getting told I need to turn on private messaging in my profile before I can send them.

Anyone found out how to do it yet?

Its not clear is it - can someone tell me how to do it as well

This is a known bug. I did have a look at it, but was unable to fix it. Strangely it works perfectly from my accounts.

Please report if you get the message about "Private messaging have to be enabled". Then at least I have some sample accounts where it does not work. If you can send private messages, please report that as well.

Report also:

* When did you register

* What browser are you using (does it work if you go to another computer).

Anything else that might be a problem. So far, I have no idea what is causing this.

I have tried at home and work.

Work machines is Win 2K with IE5 and 6, Firefox and Opera.

Also tried it on a linux box using Netscape.

Home is XP with IE6.

I registered my account on the 11th of May I think.

Thanks.

It might be that the accounts that are opened after the migration to the new system (beginning of Mars 2006), have PM disabled. This would also explain that it is working for my accounts (old accounts).

I need more info from more people here.

I have made some changes. I think private messaging should work for everybody now.

Please verify.

how do you change your profile? getting lost each time i try to.