1 (edited by cameronkl7 2011-05-30 02:45:28)

Topic: You Know your a Musician

You know your a Musician.... when your more worried about breaking a finger then breaking a leg.

Keep a fire burning in your eyes
Pay attention to the open sky
You never know what will be coming down

2 (edited by joeyjoeyjoey 2011-05-30 13:09:26)

Re: You Know your a Musician

You know youre  a musiciann....when you take a steel body guitar to an auto detailing shop to have detailed(60.00).In a dirty rusty old junk car.Then turn down the offer to detail the car too.I did.Told him for that price(400.00),I could buy a really  nice guitar and wash the car myself

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

you know you're a musician... when you spent 8 times as much on your two guitars then on your car... I did.
but i'm 17, so its a cheap car

You know you're a musician when selling your car, giving away your motorcycle and leaving all your friends and family behind are just bearable...as long as you have your guitar.

Dm

"Talent instantly recognizes genius,
but mediocrity knows nothing more than itself."

-Sir Arthur Conan-Doyle

You know you're a musician when you sell your best leather jacket to buy your guitar a new case.

you know your a musician when you're at social gatherings where you'd normally be having a great time and all you can think about is... "I'd rather be playing my guitar right now and getting that darn song down!"

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

you know you are a musican when you walk in someone's home you do not know well and go straight to a guitar or piano in the room. ( this has  happended to me a few times )

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

You know youre a musician when a tornado warning is an oppurtunity to play because the cellar is where all your equipment is.A touch of inclement weather here in mass. today

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

9 (edited by zguitar 2011-06-02 02:00:52)

You know you're a musician when you..................make music?

I would have said "play music" but pressing a button on a cd or mp3 player does not make you a musician.

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

You know...when....you've just played the best solo of your life for a song that is everyone's favorite. The crowd is cheering. You are stoked at your amazing performance when you finally realize that the home team has just scored on the big screen above the bar and that, in fact, no one is listening, or even care's that you are there...

Now available in 5G !

Part II.. You know when...   When the local bikers have a contest during your gig to see who's bike is louder than than the band is..

Now available in 5G !

when you realize you have more guitar picks than change in your change purse.(Am I the only one to still carry one of these?)
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k216/crazyoldcoot/GS2083904717_203191002-1_3900_640_480_SD2.jpg

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.

deadstring wrote:

when you realize you have more guitar picks than change in your change purse.(Am I the only one to still carry one of these?)
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k216/ … 80_SD2.jpg

You are, but you won't be for long.  That looks like a great way to carry picks.  I'm going to have to drive up to the mountains and back some long-forgotten roads to find a general store or five and dime that has one I can purchase. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

You know you are a musician when you don't waste your time or energy trying to fret about useless things like "Nourishment" and "Cleanliness" to focus on the all important and tedious process of finding colour tones that match the feel of your shirt in the sun, or that tree over there in the breeze  dancing around like a fae.

- Sin

Play the feeling; "Sun shine through the blinds" or "Lack of Sleep". 
--------------------------------Also, "Gsus" Heh.------------------------

When somebody asks you to bring your guitar to a party, and you don't "forget"...

" Old Guy is Rocking"
Simon & Patrick Pro Flamed Maple (mmm, nice...)
Norman ST68 acoustic

You know you're a musician, particularly a classical guitarist, when your worst nightmares usually involve breaking a fingernail on your right hand!!!
I've had two such dreams, they were truly horrible

17 (edited by Stratplayer 2011-06-04 15:01:47)

You know your a musician when you always carry a pick in your pocket, cause you never when you might come upon a guitar that needs picking.... And deadstring I have one of those change purses full of picks, but I don't put change in it, might mess up the picks...lol

You know you're a musician when all you want to do is play your guitar even though you are laid up in bed with a bad leg. Happening to me now. Deadstring I used to have a few of those as a kid and lost them over the years. I use the zippy ones now.

You know . . . when you're driving in your car listening to the radio, and a song you can somewhat play on the guitar comes on.  You are listening intently when your wife asks:  "What's wrong with your hand?"

You look down and realize that you're making "air chords" with your fretting hand along with the song.

"Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid." - Despair, Inc.

You know your a musician when friends have their "favorite songs" you play

I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments. ~ Jim Morrison