Topic: Should old 'off-topic' threads be moved to Chat Corner?

Greetings all chordie forum users!

Now that we have a location for exchanging thoughts on all topics not specifically covered in the rest of the forum, should all the old 'off topic' threads be re-located into this Chat Corner?

My intention is to move all new 'off-topic' posts into the Chat Corner.  However, what about the 'old' threads that are not particularly relevant to the forum section in which they happen to appear.

Would users prefer to keep them in original locations, or would you rather that they be moved into the new Chat Corner section?

Would appreciate your views on this matter.

As a forum moderator my goal is to help this forum continue to grow and become an evermore valuable source of information for musicians and songwriters.

James

"That darn Pythagorean Comma thing keeps messing me up!"
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_comma[/url]

Re: Should old 'off-topic' threads be moved to Chat Corner?

Doesn't really matter to me. Moving them might help break the habit of posting off topic in other forums.

"Nobody paints by ear so why would I play guitar by sight?" hmm

I would suggest moving the relevent threads from say the first of May to here and only move the older ones if someone resurrects them. However I think it that others should have an imput into this - so what do YOU think?

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Roger's suggestion sound like a good one. I'm guilty of posting in wrong fourms. Sorry bout that. Great to see a chat corner.

...Badeye.

one caper after another

I also like Roger's suggestion of moving only recent 'off-topics' into this new section.  Will await some more input before doing (or not doing) anything.  James

James,

Roger's suggestion will work fine. Is there a way to make an archive section and place the old postings in there by forum title, month and or year?  Sorry for openning another can of worms but just food for thought.

Bootlegger.

Sure sounds good. I know that I can really go off topic at times!

I may be goin' to hell in a bucket babe

I'm with Roger. Sounds like a good plan.
ROGER FOR PRESIDENT!!!!!!!!!!

"Nobody paints by ear so why would I play guitar by sight?" hmm

OK, seems there is general agreement as to a course of action.  I shall move the recent 'off-topics' soon.

Roger for President?  Not so sure about that - he is way too nice of a guy to swim in the shark-infested waters of Washington politics!  Perhaps the Queen could name his as a special Cultural Attache' to Portugal?  James

Hi Badeye,
id like to share this story with you, as i have already told "The Honey Dipper"
When we go away on our music w/e, a lot of the  friends and people would have been from the  "Big Showbands Scene!.  All Still Great musicians, I might add!   Some of there stories are Classics.
   There were loads of Dance Halls around the country in those days!  So in the late seventies,when the clubs and disco were taking over, one of our friends was asked to take on an up and coming rock band.. As he owned one of these ballrooms..
As times were bad he agreed!
He said they nearly took the roof off the place,  they were so loud!  When he was paying there manager 85 Old Punts for the gig, Their Manager said "They were going to the Top" " They can go where they like " our friend replied, "but they wont be playing here again!  They did go to the top, As U2?   When bono was asked, by a reporter on cnn last year "If it all went belly up over night,what would he do?   Bono said "he would go back to "The Garden Of Eden" The reporter thought he was getting all spiritual! But Bono explained it was the name of our friends Ballroom,  where they had got one of  their first gigs outside of Dublin...
Our friend still has the receipt,and is always been asked to sell it!  Needless to say he wont part with it!

Slán
Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Hi Guys and Gals,

If I do run for President I shall have to have Mike (American Chaos Theory) as my running partner as I am sure he will be able to keep most of the sharks away.  But whether it is President or special Cultural Attaché for Portugal, rest assured I will remember my Chordie friends come what may. lol

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

You got my vote.

...Badeye.

one caper after another

Ah Thanks badeye,

You just made my day!
Are you Skiveing off work today?  I am very Lucky as i work for my self. I work my diary around My social life ? lol
Ps. I need a decking built? What are you doing Saturday, or is that your party day?
Have a good un!
Doll.

Hi Ols Doll I would love to build your deck, Its 6;30 am here and up for another day of work. Saturday is our 24 annaversary party and kitchen jam combined. I tell you if we were closer you would have a deck built pronto.

Take Care.....Badeye.

one caper after another

Thanks Badeye, as my brothers are all great at those things, they would do it for me, but they have there own familys to look after! Id only have to ask them.
As for My own 2 handsome Sons, Badeye all i can say is D I Y, Diasters..  But God given in every other way.
Thanks for your kindness, now off to work, you will  need plenty of greenbacks for the party? Have a Cushy day!

Doll.

Hi Old Doll, 6:30 in evening just got in from work. Got soaked it rained here all day and couldn't leave. Oh well someone gotta do it. Hey you can play your guitar on new deck when it gets built and make up songs about your garden.

Take Care.....Badeye.

one caper after another

A late good evening to you Badeye,
Beautiful Day here all day!  Sure i sit in my garden Playing My guitar  with out a Deck.
My Niece called this evening, when i mentioned Decking, she didnt agree? Said she likes the Rustic look i have!
Not me now Badeye, The Garden! lol
Hope your well dried off now!
Old Doll,