Topic: Silk Road ???

I have come into possession of a self powered monitor with the name "Silk Road CE" on the front. That is the only name, number, plate anything.
Does any one know who makes this, and where to get an operators manual for it?
thanks
JV

Re: Silk Road ???

did you try too look on the insides or take it apart?

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

wow, doing a google search doesn't even attempt to help.  Here's hoping someone knows something.  Dino has a good idea, there could be something inside!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

does it have any didtinctive shape or design.You know how you can tell an old peavey by the silver bars or a fender by the shape of the cabinet.Is there a color or shape that brings to mind a different brand.(cloth covering,shape of cabinet,clean spot where an emblem was)

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

5 (edited by johnnyvitalis 2011-06-07 05:11:42)

Standing tall it is 22"  - horn on top, speaker on bottom
16" across the front, slanting back to 8" across the back
12" from back to front, (thick)
weighs at least 65 lbs.
Very hard black plastic (almost steel) casing.
has feet (knobs) for standing upright or laying on its' side,  has built in handle on top if laying on its' side like a monitor.

As far as taking it apart!!! the thing is sealed up like Fort Knox,
there are what looks like "rivets" holding the "panel" in at the back.
I think the only way in would be a blow torch!!!

there are 3 sets of plug ins in the back, each with separate vol. control.
Line in, line out and mic.
under the three are treble and bass adjustment knobs.
beside the power out let it reads 350 watts.
there does not seem to be any joints, seems or screws on any of the surface.
the screen is a standard black steel mesh covering the speaker. the horn is open.

I hope this will help SOMEBODY recognize this thing.

By the way --this thing can blast out the windows all by itself!!
Again - hope this helps
JV

looks like they made car audio http://www.usblaster.com/products/car%2 … 20speakers

can you post pics?

sorry for multi posts...can you pop the face off -  either the horn or the speaker, pop them out and see what's inside?

Sounds like an EON by JBL. The weight and wattage is right - as well as the construction. These speakers are almost weather proof. Theme parks use them where rain may be possible.
The heavy plastic housing contains a 15 inch speaker and a horn above.
One of these can make a fine guitar amp.

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

10 (edited by johnnyvitalis 2011-06-07 15:17:40)

I found out from the guy that gave it to me, that he had in a couple of years ago for repairs, at a local Music Store. I called the store and asked their "tech" about it. He said that there is no mother company. That SILK ROAD is a brand name in itself.
I too came across the "car-speaker" page in my search but found nothing that was even close, there either.
tubatooter is close. It is defiantly weather proof and shot-gun proof. I wanted the manual for it to see if I can use it as an add on to another system, or find a comparable mate and build on it. If it stands alone can I run vocals and instrument through together. What works best in where ETC.
I have learned a lot about the spice/garment trade routes of ancient India though!!

Thanks for the help so far my fellow Chordians
JV