Topic: Your favourite artists?

I like listening to Keith Urban and also like some heavy metal.

"Where you begin doesn't matter. Your willingness to start is what counts."
Without music life would be a mistake.
Country music is three chords and the truth.
cool cool cool cool cool cool

Re: Your favourite artists?

My musical taste is pretty chilled. Here's a few of my favorite artists... Jack Johnson, Mason Jennings, Matt Costa, Brett Dennen, Ketchafire, Black seeds, Dirty Heads, Marley, Pete Murray, Trevor Hall, Xavier Rudd, Amos Lee, Wilco, Tea Leaf Green, ALO, Iron and Wine, Mishka, The Beautiful Girls, Slackstring, Bag of Toys, etc...   I could go on for awhile smile

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

John Prine, Willie Nelson, Roy Orbison, John Lennon, Dwight Yoakam, Stevie Ray Vaughn, C.S.N.Y., Jerry Jeff Walker, Kris Kristofferson, David Allen Coe, The Traveling Wilburys, The Fabulous Thunder Birds, Joe Cocker........
JV

Brad Paisley, The Steeldrivers, Joe Bonamassa, Needtobreathe, Nathan James, Seasick Steve and most of the big country artists from the classics are a few I favor.

Brownie MaGhee. Matt Minglewood, John Cambelljohn

badeye   cool

one caper after another

6 (edited by dino48 2011-06-12 00:55:02)

My list is almost the same as johnnyvitalis,but I add eric clapton,van morrison,jim croce,george harrison,carol king, bob dylan and keith richards.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Bob Dylan, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Bruce Springsteen, Waylon Jennings, Willie Nelson, Eric Clapton, John Lee Hooker............

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

bensonp wrote:

Bob Dylan, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Bruce Springsteen, Waylon Jennings, Willie Nelson, Eric Clapton, John Lee Hooker............

#2 on my list is Waylon's son, Mason...  I like Waylon as well smile

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

CSNY (mostly Y), but also Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, The Traveling Wilburys, George Harrison, The Beatles, Bob Dylan.

Mine's just about the same as Pete's but I'd add in Albert Lee and Emmylou Harris as well.

Good list Pete

Jerry

Live the life you love, love the life you live

Guitarpix wrote:
bensonp wrote:

#2 on my list is Waylon's son, Mason...  I like Waylon as well smile

I'll have to check on Mason.  I didn't know he was out there.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Leonard Cohen,Marshall Crenshaw,Warren Zevon,Of course The Beatles,Nick Lowe,Graham Parker and the rumour.So many more depending on the mood.But absolute numero uno is Leonard Cohen,77 years old and still going.If you are saying who is that,you have probably heard his songs covered by others.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Love Leonard, Robbie Robertson, Dylan, Lou Reed, Joni Mitchelle, Collective Soul, Kate Bush, Stravinsky, Steve Earl, Jethro Tull, Ella Fizgerald, Traffic on and on

Most of mine are no longer with us.
A couple that are would be Alison Krauss,and Delbert McClinton.

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.

I have a stairway to heaven inspired tattoo sleeve so def Led Zeppelin. The Doors, The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, pretty much all rock. All the way up to Modest Mouse, Pearl Jam, The Decemberists,...... I could never choose just one or two favorites. It's all about the mood at the time.

I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments. ~ Jim Morrison

does anybody know the chords to the song "i am waiting for my child to come home". Patty Griffin or Mavis Staples

does anybody know the guitar chords for the song   I am waiting for my child to come home   Patty Griffin or Mavis Staples sings it

my email   efrazier@unitedlabsinc.com

edfuli -

You will be more likely to get your question addressed if you put it in Song Requests.  To get to Song Requests, click on the word "Index".  Song Requests is a one of the forums you can select.  Then in the upper right corner (I think) are the words "New Topic".  Click on that.  You can then put your request in there.  I can move entire topics, but not replies to a topic or I'd have moved it for you. 

Good luck finding what you need.

Regards,
Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude