Topic: Help me out guys! Looking for grilling ideas :)

Looking for some good grill recipes to try! I cook out a lot (about 5 days a week) and we're looking to try something new... So what's your favorite grilled food/recipe??

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

Re: Help me out guys! Looking for grilling ideas :)

I like to pour two envelopes of Lipton Beefy Onion Soup into five pounds of ground chuck to grill a tasty batch of burgers.
toots

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

tubatooter1940 wrote:

I like to pour two envelopes of Lipton Beefy Onion Soup into five pounds of ground chuck to grill a tasty batch of burgers.
toots

That's good stuff smile I've done that a few times as well but I like to add a little applesauce and Worcestershire to the mix with it.

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.

I think I'm going to try some whiskey grilled baby back ribs smile I was looking around online and came across this recipe http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Scott-Hibb … etail.aspx  Think I'm going to give it a try... Going to skip adding the liquid smoke to the sauce and instead smoke them in the smoker with some hickory for about 45 minutes before they go directly over coals for the sauce to caramelize.  Will report back with results and maybe some pics.   I'm bored today lol

Now what to go with it.....hmmmm smile

5 (edited by dino48 2011-06-12 18:17:43)

Try a little orange marmalade the last several minetes when you are grilling chicken,it comes out like orange chicken you get at a chinese resturant. just baste the skin areas..

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

dino48 wrote:

Try a little orange marmalade the last several minetes when you are grilling chicken,it comes out like orange chicken you get at a chinese resturant. just baste the skin areas..

I'm going to try this sometime smile How do you season the chicken before basting? I Imagine this could make some killer wings paired with a honey & chili dipping sauce.... Man I'm gettin hungry big_smile

If you decide on grillin some burgers make them sliders then put them on King's Hawaiian Rolls and fry an egg to put on top. The rolls are the kicker. I use them instead of bread for almost everything!!!

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

Try making pizza in a cast iron pan on a grill. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

9 (edited by Guitarpix 2011-06-12 22:52:33)

Well the ribs turned out GREAT big_smile  Some of the best I've had!

I slow baked them for 2.5 hrs @ 300 and then let them sit for about 30 minutes before smoking them for about an hour and a half over some Hickory. Then it was sauce time... Sauced them up and threw them directly over the hickory coals to caramelize them good and then moved 'em back to the smoking section for a little more smoky goodness to stick to the sauce. After about 30 minutes of that we had these babies smile
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3618/5825910011_a1aebf69ff_z.jpg
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2038/5826476652_9af4dde5bb_z.jpg

Highly recommend any of you rib lovers to give these a try! -Pix

They sure do look good.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Go and get a fresh pig butt (Boston Butt).  Put it in a pressure cooker with some crawfish boil seasoning - also you can add some taters & onions, mushrooms, tennis shoes, etc. Cook in the pressure cooker until the taters n stuff get good & done. Let cool, take the pig butt outta the pressure cooker and set aside (it ain't done yet), hold on to the taters n stuff for a tater salad. Now if you was smart you would'a already gotten a good smoke going in the smoker - now put you're pig butt in the smoker away from the fire and let it cook at about 200 degrees for about 6 to 8 hours. Keep a good eye on the temp and keep the smoke going. When you think it's done take it outta the smoker and let rest for awhile. If it's done then the shoulder bone will pull right out (yeah, a Boston Butt don't come from the hind end of a pig) When it's cool enough to handle take you're hands and start shreding the meat. If it too hot use a big fork. As you shred the meat place it in a tin foil pan and add your favorite B-B Q sauce.  Let cook until you can't stand it any longer. Then serve with the tater salad and corn on da cob, fresh 'maters, and the tennis shoe au gratin. Good eatin'.

You can always pressure cook your butt the night before and start the smokin' 'round 8:00am  That way it's done by early afternoon.

nELA

Nela

Hi can soak them in some orange juice for a few hours to too help the orange flavor,the wings are great . You can also soak chicken in some lemon juiceand itis good,I have also used different vinager based store bought salad dressings that really do good with chicken. season too your liking with spices you enjoy. Your ribs look great,making me hungry!!!!!!!! I domineabout the same way but surprise I use pepsicola carmels up the skin sugers better.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

I have done a boston butt with Emerils essence seasoning as the rub and cloves of garlic inserted into the meat. You can smoke it for 8-10 hours at 225. It looks like pulled pork when its done but the taste is something different. If you have never done beer can chicken you have to try that, you get crispy skin and super juicy meat and super easy to make. I had some ribs cooked in ginger ale in the oven for 3 hours and finished on the grill with sauce. They were fall off the bone tender but pretty sweet in flavor, I prefer a rub with some spice to it and a vinegar based sauce on ribs.

If you want great burgersgo too your local grocer and buy the less expensive serlion steak,and have him grind it too burger like meat.Just a little more expensive then regular hamburger meat.but tastes like an expensive resturant grilled burger,and you will not need too put any sauce on it,,unless you want too.

Ok.. Getcha some jumbo gulf shrimp. wrap each one in half a slice of Wright's Applewood thick cut smoked bacon.  Skewer them and put the on a grill on LOW for about 30 min.  That thick bacon has to cook, so SLOW is the key.  Near the end, slather with your favorite sauce.  I like half "Sticky Fingers Habenero" and half "Jack Daniels Old Number 7 BBQ sauce". But whatever you like will be a winner.

Now available in 5G !

Just did a few "london broils" on the grill.  That's Top Round I believe.  Marinate in ... lemon juice (enough to coat), a few good shakes of worcestershire sauce, enough salt and pepper, a couple tablespoons of olive oil, and your choice of either garlic or diced onions (enough to coat) -- for AT LEAST TWO DAYS (flip every time you go into the fridge for something).  Grill 7-10 minutes each side.  Let rest... slice thin on the bias.  The secret is in the lemon juice... everyone said "it tastes kind of like a marinate in Italian Dressing, but not quite... something's different, and I LIKE IT" 

You can also take potatoes, slice 3 slits in each and each slit add a sliver of fresh garlic, an onion slice, and a tab of butter.  Sprinkle with salt then double wrap these in aluminum foil and put on the grill for about 45 minutes.  It's like baked potatoes but better. 

I make my own barbecue sauce, but it's always different depending on what I have on hand.

Any type of marinade similar to the above is great on Chicken breasts too.  You can also slice potatoes through, coat with a little oil, salt and pepper and grill them right up.  They turn out crispy... it's like grilled fries and they cook in about the same amount of time as a grilled chicken breast.

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Take several medium to large trout or salmon filets, with the skin on. Put olive oil on the skin side, seaon with sea salt, pepper, fresh dill and top with 3-4 thin lemon slices. Put the filets on the grill, skin side down, and cook at around 350 for about 15-20 minutes. Don't turn em over.
Genlty, using an oversized spatula, lift them off the grill. If the skin sticks to the grill, bonus, you don't have to peel it off before serving. Serve with a German-style potato salad, some fresh tomatoes or a tomato/cuke/red onion salad on the side. Yummy.

A variation is to "plank" the salmon. Get a 1x6 cedar plank or two (one for each filet), long enough to lay the filets on. Soak the plank in water for several hours prior to grilling - a tub and some rock to weigh them down help. Lay the filets on the soaked planks, and follow the above instructions. I personally am not too fond of planked salmon, but many in Canada swear by it.

Hank's prosepctive gutiar player said: "Mr Williams, I'm not sure I can play for you, the onliest chords I know are C D & G"
Hank repleis, after a short pause: "Well, what else is there?"