Topic: Metal

Hey, is anyone else into heavy metal?

Time to breed some hate!
- Alexi Laiho

Re: Metal

Define heavy metal, what genre 1970's, 80's, 90', or now?.

Bootlegger.

More like the 90's to now

Time to breed some hate!
- Alexi Laiho

Some of the stuff like Megadeth, anything by Paul Gilbert or Marty Freidman, very little Metallica. Check out my space and look for a band called Ademption, Robert Montgomery is sponsered by Michael Kelly guitars and they have a song called "Everything" I really like the sound he is getting. Also some Evansence stuff I caught a bit of. Haven't heard much of them yet thought.  I grew up in the end of the Zepplin's, Ted Nugent, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Molly Hatchet and such when the Judas Priest, Scorpions, Armoured Saint, Ratt, Queens Ryche, Motley Crue and stuff were coming in.

After all that then came the Nirvana's (ugh) Pearl Jam and Sound Garden, Temple of the Dog, and Stone Temple Pilot and a whole lot of "CRAP" in between. Not to mention a whole lot of BLUES and Classic 40's 50's and 60'S rock.

So now it takes alot to catch my ear. My point being I don't look for a lot of metal now even though the scene is starting to happen in Southern California again. But I still Like it.

Bootlegger.

I went onto Ademption's myspace, they were pretty good, really like their sound

Time to breed some hate!
- Alexi Laiho

Those are Rockfield SWC pickups in the Michael Kelly Valor, $100.00 american, they have a really fat tone. Don't forget about Viv Campbell in your part of the world.  Also if your in Europe or the Netherlands this September and have a chance check out Agent Steel the drummer grew up with my wifey and still lives next door to my mother-in-law (ugh! mother-outlaw).

Bootlegger.

Whats the matter with nirvana. Grunge is way better than metal.

[url=http://www.myspace.com/rdxfunk]www.myspace.com/rdxfunk[/url]

Your opinion Altex, some persons may think were crazy and we should only play acoustic guitars and folk music. (not throwing stones at anyone) The key is to be well rounded an not closed minded be able to play anything in any situation. That doesn't mean that you have to change your preference of what you like to listen to. I don't like punk or country music but that don't mean either music type is better than the other. It's just not what I (my personal preference) like to listen to.

Bootlegger.

I kind of like the song "Paralized" , or "don't Wanna Stop" if Ozzy wasn't singing it.
cool danspr

Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel
Jimi Hendrix
cool danspr

I'm still trying to puzzle out what makes Punk different from Metal. Same hi-gain guitar sound, same no brainer four on the floor beat... and yet you instantly know which is which.

'The sound of the city seems to disappear'

In metal you still have to know how to play your instrument(quality of musicianship) (here comes the feedback) as you mentioned above 4 on the floor (refering to a 4/4 beat), you have to know when to speed up, pick and slow down. Metal is not just one speed. My two cents worth.

Bootlegger.