Topic: Yamaha Pacifica 112V

Hi thinking of upgrading from my squire is the Yamaha Pacifica 112V a good choice

Re: Yamaha Pacifica 112V

I've heard that the Yamaha Pacific is a great beginners guitar which is along the same lines of the Squire. You could put new upgraded pickups in the Squire and pretty much have a pure Fender. That way you will save money. Either way the Yamaha is a sideways step in quality IMO. If you want new altogether I'd go Fender if you want to stay with that type of guitar.

I can't speak to the quality of the 112V, but I have been using my son-in-laws eg112c and it is not worth spit.  The floating bridge stinks and so do the tuning machines. The frets are so high that the pitch can rise about a 1/2 tone if you have a heavy touch. I would like to have it set up properly, but it would cost more than the value of the guitar. Find a locally owned guitar store-NOT Guitar Center- and check out the used guitars. You can find some great deals on Craigslist, too (Caveat Emptor)

I had an eg 112 and it was awful.I thought if yamaha makes such good acoustics(i have 3),the electrics must be really good.dfoskey is right.You can pick up a mexican strat pretty cheap used.DONT rush into it if you dont have to.Cheap strats are out there.You just have to be in the right place at the right time.Mine was 200.My daughters was 170 +65 for a set up.Still cheap.Good luck in finding something you like

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

I have a yamaha acoustic,it's been agreat guitar but I have never played one of thier electrics,I do have a mexican made strat and it's a very good guitar and only cost me $170.00,case and extra strings total.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman