1 (edited by bobwill 2011-06-27 19:55:59)

Topic: Vince Gill at the Ryman

We live about 2.0 hours from Nashville and go the Ryman Auditorium at times, saw Vince Gill in a Blue Grass concert last week. What a show, we all know his talent with music but he is also very funny, could be a stand up comedian as well as a musician, told story of his buying the Martin he was playing when he was 17 yeas old, relates to his song " this old guitar and me"would recomend seeing him if you get the chance.  bob

Re: Vince Gill at the Ryman

Thanks Bob.  I've seen him interviewed and agree that he has a humorous way of looking at life.  Or maybe it's just expressing his views.  "very funny" works.  I should have stuck with that.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

I like vINCE gILL.  i WOULD LIKE TO SEE HIM SOMEDAY.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

I'd love to see him at a bluegrass show. He has to be one of the most under rated musicians out there.

Guy's I will just say he plays that Martin up and down the neck and the sounds are beautiful. I too think he is underated as a player but, in his show he tells that all he ever wanted to do since High School is play the guitar, he been doing that for 36 years.  He also said being Married to Amy Grant who he said is a wonderful sweet woman is a dream, " i get to play Golf every day and keep all my Guitars, never sold one"    Speaks for itself.   bob

Yu' ever try singing his stuff??? YIKES!!! I don't like gettin' kicked "THERE" any more than I have to!!!

johnnyvitalis wrote:

Yu' ever try singing his stuff??? YIKES!!! I don't like gettin' kicked "THERE" any more than I have to!!!

Absolutely right, sir. If you plan to sing like Vince Gill or Roy Orbison, you better break out your high range. Falsetto or head voice won't cut it either. You have to gut it up there in your natural range. This can be painful for a baritone singer.
I used to go for it when I was in my 20's and 30's, but now in my geezerhood I am transposing ALL my songs down.
toots

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

Hydraulic underwear.  All the old Motown guys used to use it.  I'll demonstrate the inflation and deflation moves for you if we ever meet and you remind me. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Now there's a visual I don't really need!!!!!!!

Zurf, you just changed my outlook on hydraulics forever.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.