Re: Pricing “sweet spot" : What is your comfort zone?

I'll have to post some new picks, jcellini.  Thanks.  I, too am not really comfortable spending more than a thousand, but I have done it twice and have no regrets.  these guitars sound wonderful and I do believe I have gotten quite a bit better with my playing since purchasing them.  I can't wait to take them out of the case several times each day.  Just looking at them gives me pleasure.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

My main acoustic was purchased for me by my folks some 29 years ago, used, for $150. I still play that guitar every day. So I def. think there are winners at the lower price ranges - you just have to look and look and look for the right axe because there's so much variance in quality and materials.

For electrics, what can I say? I'm a snob. For the most part I only play US made. My cheapest everyday electric is my American SG. My most expensive is my ES 335. I have a couple of really cheapos that I use for testing mods, slide guitar setup, etc., but I don't really count those.

GASSING around in my sweet spot. As always I need no more guitars but GAS is GAS. I'm considering several around $300. Only time will tell.