Topic: My wife bought a scale.

Despite there being good reasons for her treachery in this regard, I now know how much I weigh.  Pleasingly, I have lost ten pounds since the Doctor Office Incident (the one with HIS dishonest back-stabbing scale).  I'm liking that.  Also, I'm much more fit, which I think is more important.  Still looking for another 45 pounds of weight loss, give or take. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Re: My wife bought a scale.

Good luck sir!

Keep it up Zurf!!

Good for you zurf,don't try to do too much at once.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

5 (edited by bensonp 2011-02-01 21:12:52)

Never have liked scales and rarely use them, but keep it up Zurf.  You're on a roll. Maybe a small trampoline and your guitar strapped to your shoulder will help.  You can't do that with a piano.  M<aybe you shouldn't have told her that your wanted to learn scales.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Right.  I should have been more specific - "No, no, no honey.  I meant the minor pentatonic scale."

If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom

Right on, we know women think differently, don't we?  Then she might have gotten you a phatatonic scale.  Can't win, bud.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

I would think a piscatorial scale would get more use.

DE

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

Congrats on the 10lbs loss Zurf and good luck on the rest. I haven't been on a scale in years - I'm sure I wouldn't like the result.

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Just avoid stepping on it...like a dog avoids stepping on a storm drain.

Seriously....good luck.....hardest thing to do...other than a B chord of course

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

Dirty Ed wrote:

DE

If it were from a carp, I could use it as a pick.  Just the thought of eating carp would make me lose weight.  And so it comes full circle.  Just like a circle of fifths, which is what we wind up with at rodeos some nights. 

- Zurf

Zurf I hate carp fish to,when I do catch one I always end up giving it to some of my oriental friends they love it.I will stick with my trout,salmon and cod.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Zurf wrote:
Dirty Ed wrote:

DE

If it were from a carp, I could use it as a pick.  Just the thought of eating carp would make me lose weight.  And so it comes full circle.  Just like a circle of fifths, which is what we wind up with at rodeos some nights. 

- Zurf

I've eaten a few carp back when I was a kid.  We didn't waste anything we shot or caught.  In fact if the squeals were edible, we'd have fried them when we butchered hogs.

After thinking about it Zurf, a minor piscatorial scale would weigh the fish we've caught at Rodeos.

DE

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

You lost ten pounds and I gained 12. Go figure. I need the wait though. Congrats my friend.

Everything is bad including me
But being bad is good policy
Reverend Horton Heat

15 (edited by butlersdog 2011-06-29 02:55:48)

That was nice thing to really hear for you. Good luck on the future in order to maintain the desired weight that you want! Hoping all the best for you in this one!

YAY!  I'm glad to hear that you've lost some weight since your last visit.  I only hope your scale and the doc's are in "tune".  I'll never forget feeling soooo good about myself having lost 15 pounds only to visit the doctor and find out according to them I'd only lost 5 sad 

Selso... AWESOME to hear you've put some weight on too, since it was your goal. 

Here's hoping you both can maintain a nice healthy weight or continue to lose/gain as necessary and not stress.  smile

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

This is an oldish thread.  I'm down to 246.4 - for three months in a row.  I haven't weighed in for mid-June because I got depressed from lack of weight loss and went on a vanilla milk shake binge.  But Summer is here and I'm active once again, getting my vitamin D from the sun and weight loss from sweating if off on the rivers and trails.  I'm looking for 210 as an ultimate goal because that will allow me to paddle my daughter and wife's inflatable whitewater kayak, but in reality will be satisfied with 220.  Actually, right now I'll be thrilled to break the 240 barrier!  That stinking, lying, back-stabbing scale at the doctor's office put me in a (fair) bit over 260.  Anything over 260 sounds a whole lot like 300 to me.  I'll do my mid-July weigh-in just before the July River Jam so that we can either drink a toast to celebrate my weight loss or share a drink to commiserate over my lack of it. 

- Zurf

oops... yes it is an oldish thread, there was far more current updates on the weight loss since the induction of the scale.  You've been doing QUITE a bit of working out on the rivers and such so I sure do hope the change in routine helps you break that plateau!  I'm up for drinks of celebration or commiseration.  Sounds like a plan!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.