Topic: Been away for a bit.

Hello all, I've been away for a bit and have not been able to get my daily dose of Chordie. I have taken on a new position with a company that has a lot of work in remote regions and as such have spent half my time in planes and the other half in the middle of nowhere.
I am home for a few days now and realised I have not picked up a guitar in 2 months, far too long. Of course I have tried to jam a couple of months of non playing into a few days of playing with the result that I have very sore fingers at the moment. With all the travelling involved in my new job, it is difficult to take a guitar with me and I very much miss my daily strumming session over a couple of beers.
Good to catch up with all you old hands again and welcome to all the new folks.
All the best
Bushy

Not one drop of my self worth depends on your acceptance of me.
"Quincy Jones"

Re: Been away for a bit.

Welcome back aboard!  Get them fingers toughened back up and enjoy your music.  I know someone who purchased what I could best describe as a traveling guitar; a very small bodied instrument that fits in the overhead compartment of a plane as well.  It doensn't have the sounds of bigger instruments, but he claims it keeps him sane and out of trouble on nights when he is out of town.  Maybe you should look into something like that.

Find a Path or Make One    This is a motto I have been following my entire life and one I am currently using with my music.
Big Jim from Ashville Ohio

You're working.  The way the global economy is going, that's something to be grateful for.  Check in when you can, and in the meanwhile try locking away all those sites and sounds and smells in your cranium for later songwriting use. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Good to know that you are alive and well.

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.

Good to see you bushy.  I wish you luck.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

welcome back!!

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

good to see ya Bushy!  2 months of not playing ACK!  I would absolutely be looking into a travel guitar of some sort or another, especially if hotels and motels are also part of your travel.  I'd go crazy without any of the comforts of home along .

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Thanks for your kind words folks.
I have not seriously considered a travel guitar, not sure I have actually seen one. Anyone have any experience with these? I do have a mandolin and I thought I may take this with me although I cannot play the mando very well. Might be an opportunity to brush up on my playing.
All the best
Bushy

Not one drop of my self worth depends on your acceptance of me.
"Quincy Jones"

The mando would be perfect for you during your travels.  It would give you a chance to become intimate with it and kind of force you to learn.  Good idea.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.