Topic: Good Night Out

It is past 02:00am and I am usually tucked up in my bed but I have had a late one tonight. As some of you know I work in my friends music shop and we had the job of setting up sound and lighting for some musicians at a private party. It was for a lady's birthday and the artistes appearing were her husband's surprise for her. There was a very talented band from Northern Ireland called Peach, four smart guys who performed a very varied repertoire and well worth seeing if you get the chance. However the big surprise of the night was the Four Tops who had been flown in from America. Sadly there is only one of the original line up still living and performing but the music was great.

And now I got to my bed smile.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Re: Good Night Out

Roger,thats very cool you got too see the tops even if only one is an original,alot of the older groups are disapering.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Very cool Roger!  I guess this makes you a roadie now!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

My biggest thrill was a Saturday night we played at a rock and roll bar on Duval Street in Mobile, Alabama called the Dixie Club. The band Chicago stopped in after their gig at the Mobile Municipal Auditorium and asked if they could play. They told us they were sick of their concert material and just wanted to jam out. They sure did. Wow!
They played the rest of the evening and we still got paid. Cool!

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

The night of my life was back in the early 80's. We had a booking at a place called the Tunnel Club in South East London, Albert Lee turned up and jammed with us, we did an instrumental version of Country Boy at the time and playing it with the man was incredible. I'll never forget it, I know Albert doesn't remember it as I've met him a few times since and mentioned it but then why would he?!?!?

Jerry

Live the life you love, love the life you live

That is very impressive, Roger, but I've met the legend that is Dirty Ed! Play that midget song!!

" Old Guy is Rocking"
Simon & Patrick Pro Flamed Maple (mmm, nice...)
Norman ST68 acoustic

normtheguitar wrote:

That is very impressive, Roger, but I've met the legend that is Dirty Ed! Play that midget song!!

And we Yanks were overwhelmed by the talents of a certain Balding British Balladeer.  Or as he as known by his other fans "Old Dude That Rocks".

And it sounds like you had one memorable night Roger.

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

Smoked reefer with Joe Cocker on a golf course in Edmonton Alberta, Canada after a concert at the old Northlands Coliseum. I was managing the Lounge of the golf corse and a security guy at the concert was also a greenskeeper. Cocker was looking for a place to relax in private after the gig.  Now that was a good night!!!

johnnyvitalis wrote:

Smoked reefer with Joe Cocker on a golf course in Edmonton Alberta, Canada after a concert at the old Northlands Coliseum. I was managing the Lounge of the golf corse and a security guy at the concert was also a greenskeeper. Cocker was looking for a place to relax in private after the gig.  Now that was a good night!!!

Lends new meaning to greenskeeper.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Zurf wrote:
johnnyvitalis wrote:

Lends new meaning to greenskeeper.

Willie smoked his wacky tobacky on the roof of the White House. 'Talk about "gettin' high"........I don't have a direct relation to this tale but my 3rd cousins', 4th uncles', best friend, twice remove by family conflict, pinky swore it was the t-total truth......

Give everything but up.