Topic: NGD turned into NKD

I've been putting back a little money to purchase a 12 fret Blueridge BR-62 to add to my collection.  I own a 14 fret BR-73 and at the time would have preferred to buy a BR-63 which uses the same woods but lacks all the pearl and abalone ornamentation, however my local music store didn't have one at the time of my purchase. Me playing a fancy guitar is kind os like putting a show saddle on a plow mule.  The BR-62 is "plain jane" but also uses the same wood as a BR-72 and should sound like this:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNlOMlulaQM 

Anyway, today I was off work and my local paddle shop owner needed someone to drive a second vehicle to pick up some new kayaks for his shop.  Bottom line is I now own a new kayak and will have to start saving again for the guitar. Having several hobbies/passions is fun but also drives you to make choices.

Maybe if I unload a couple of my old axes on Craig's list I'll have a good start again on the Blueridge  ........................

DE

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

Re: NGD turned into NKD

What kind of strings sound best on a Kayak?  (joking)
How many guitars and how many Kayaks and do they balance out? Choices to make all the time. Enjoy them both DE.

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.

I've been saving for an AE bass for years and have bought boats instead three times so far.  I feel your pain. 

So what'd you get? 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

4 (edited by Bass Viking 2011-07-21 03:35:00)

I now have a musical instrument that suits me, but I have yet to find a kayak that would seem suitable for "a little thing" like me!  Ha, all 6'3" and 350 lbs of me!  Just a little thing, huh?   So, I just keep floating in my ten year old Coleman Crawdad flatbottom and dragging it across the riffles.  You didn't need that new guitar anyway Dirty Ed, as you make just wonderful music with what you have!

Find a Path or Make One    This is a motto I have been following my entire life and one I am currently using with my music.
Big Jim from Ashville Ohio

Oh no!  Seems you're going to just need to look into finding a good waterproof guitar instead with all those boats!  LOL!  Well, if you ever need to dump one of your beautifully adorned guitars I would gladly take it off your hands.  We have an old beat up canoe that seems to just sit there and be a nice shelter to the chipmunks.  As you know, we'd rather have a few drinks and chow on dead cow.

happy NKD!  I'm quite sure you'll enjoy the heck outta it!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.