Topic: Amy Winehouse:Dead at 27

Nothing more.It is a shame that someone could die at 27.A waste of talent.Sounds awful to say but it is true.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Re: Amy Winehouse:Dead at 27

The inevitable end of all junkies is that they either get clean, or they die.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

What Jerome said is the brutal truth.  A sad waste of talent.  Too many have gone out the same way. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

I did my share of substance abuse.Came out clean.19 years in august,drug and alcohol free.Leader of a band I was in didnt fare as well.I lost too many friends that way.I have no intention of joining them.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

I've seen too many of my band mates go that way. It's like watching a shooting star.

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

You are right on that Jerome. Been clean and sober now for 24 years. So sad to see anyone not able to make it out alive.

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

too bad too mess up that young and just starting life.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Janis Joplin, Jimi Hendrix, Kurt Cobain, Brian Jones, and now Amy Winehouse. All that talent wasted.

"Where you begin doesn't matter. Your willingness to start is what counts."
Without music life would be a mistake.
Country music is three chords and the truth.
cool cool cool cool cool cool

A very talented singer & songwriter - so sad to die at 27, but sort of inevitable...

" Old Guy is Rocking"
Simon & Patrick Pro Flamed Maple (mmm, nice...)
Norman ST68 acoustic

normtheguitar wrote:

A very talented singer & songwriter - so sad to die at 27, but sort of inevitable...

You're right there. I mean, here's someone who people respect and like, and she throws her life away with drugs and alcohol. It just seems so stupid.

was'nt quite my cup of tea,but she had talent,a little crazy perhaps and outrageous but she was raking in the money,what a waste....stay cool

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool

steelstrings wrote:

Janis Joplin, Jimi Hendrix, Kurt Cobain, Brian Jones, and now Amy Winehouse. All that talent wasted.

The weird thing is that Janis Joplin, Jimi Hendrix, Jim Morrison, Kurt Cobain, Brian Jones and Amy Winehouse all died at age 27 . . .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/27_Club

From the article:   Cobain and Hendrix biographer Charles R. Cross writes, "The number of musicians who died at 27 is truly remarkable by any standard. [Although] humans die regularly at all ages, there is a statistical spike for musicians who die at 27."

"Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid." - Despair, Inc.

I cant add any more to whats already been said I also had my demons to slay its sad and a waste of life.

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Yeah, it is sad. But the way she lived may have inspired, and will continue to inspire, kids to adopt the same kind of lifestyle. Now that's sad.

Musical tastes range from Ludovico Einaudi to Killing Joke. A true definition of diversity, for sure!

I read somewhere that she said she didn't ask to be a superstar, she's just a musician. Just because you didnt ask for it doesn't mean that it won't happen. She played the stereotypical rockstar very well. Drugs alcohol, fights with fans, the whole bit. It caught up with her in the end.

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

jerome.oneil wrote:

The inevitable end of all junkies is that they either get clean, or they die.

True ++
Not like no one saw it coming...it was just a matter of when.

EDIT:
The wife said I was a cold bum when I told her that. I know it's someone's daughter/sister/lover (ugh) or friend...But come on, she was an alcoholic crackhead! I don't see anyone going to pieces when the crackheads back in NYC overdose or die from their addiction. But I'm supposed to feel something significant for some over-privileged rich-but-stupid rock star?

Please...Next news story.

=\
Dm

"Talent instantly recognizes genius,
but mediocrity knows nothing more than itself."

-Sir Arthur Conan-Doyle

Although her death is tragic, I think it sad that over 90 people are murdered in Norway and the media spends so much time talking about the death of a junkie singer.

This tune by Fred Eaglesmith sums up the lifestyle of these performers who flame out early:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqA_xpOZcOU

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

Well Dirty Ed, I don't think any of those unfortunate souls in Norway had recording contracts.  It's not people or even news about whom the media are concerned, but celebrity.  It used to be that sort of nonsense was reserved for "gossip rags" or in respectable news sources to "gossip columns."  It was clearly and unabashedly recognized for what it was - gossip.  What we have now is completely reversed.  The media brings us hearsay, gossip, and opinion, which is then interrupted for a few minutes of news. 

Makes me want to puke. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

I'd just like to say to all you in recovery: You rock.  Serious kind of internal strength there.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

Dirty Ed wrote:

Although her death is tragic, I think it sad that over 90 people are murdered in Norway and the media spends so much time talking about the death of a junkie singer.

This tune by Fred Eaglesmith sums up the lifestyle of these performers who flame out early:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqA_xpOZcOU

That is so true. It so sad what happened over there.

I think our news media kinda stinks they do afew minetes of news and the rest is entertainment of some kind. I have too wait almost thirty min. a day each morning just too get the weather.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_GzXYfK-lDG4/SGkKSdv11UI/AAAAAAAAFQM/dnUzAqaEBS0/s400/Bridget+the+Midget.jpg

She's back....just shorter.

=p
Dm

"Talent instantly recognizes genius,
but mediocrity knows nothing more than itself."

-Sir Arthur Conan-Doyle

As sad and tragic as her death is.That was hilarious.Thanx. That is her mini me

Enjoy Every Sandwich

that looks like a nightmare I had once lol

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Television news has turned heavily toward the entertainment business.  I really don't care what someone wears to the oscars or what couple is breaking up.  I get tired of it.  But, I guess that is what the majority wants to hear about.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.