Topic: GAS?

This is gonna sound stupid but what does GAS stand for (or mean?)

All You Need is Love smile

2 (edited by bensonp 2011-08-08 14:10:44)

Re: GAS?

Guitar Aquisition Syndrome.  Just means that you are always looking for a new guitar.  Symptoms include excitement, loss of sleep, nervousness, wanting to talk about it with anyone who will listen and traveling long distances to any music store within 200 miles just to see what they have and spending long periods of time on the internet looking at pictures of guitars and reading reviews.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

There is no cure ..... once you have it .... you have it ..... forever

Don

We, the unwilling, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

I must say, I do suffer from flare ups of G.A.S..  tough one to manage..  smile

Pete that was pretty entertaining,you gave Hanna a good answer,I am sure she will laugh as I did.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Always had it, Always will!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This thread made me a bit curious to see whhat I could find on the web about GAS.  The first one I came to was this one.  Go to this site and enter it.
http://www.guitaracquisitionsyndrome.com/

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

i have GAS too,   last weekend i got to play a 1963 Guild acoustic,   i offered my three acoustics in a trade,

no deal,,,,,  that is one sweet guitar.   

badeye

one caper after another

I say get it, badeye.  Do what ever it takes. smile

oohhhh ok ha thats pretty funny, havent had enough spare change to worry about it TOO much lately although ive been flirting with the idea of acquiring an ovation...

Ahh.  See.  You've got the beginnings of GAS., Hannahbeth.  It probably wont leave and it will get worse with time.

Ive had GAS for as long as I can remember.I always check craigslist for toys.Even if I have no intention of buying.It is always stuck in my mind,what if someone is selling an american strat or les paul dirt cheap because they dont know what they are selling.I dont want to miss that.Like my peavey audition 30 for 15.00.I am always looking.If a really good deal is there,I dont want to miss it.  M.y name is joeyjoeyjoey,and I have GAS.Just thought I would fart around with that statement a bit.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

I always have GAS . Sure the Doctor wont understand though.

the chordie geordie

I was just looking at the website Pete posted. That guy has a pretty sweet collection. But really, would you actually play a 1930's or 40's vintage guitar if you had one? I don't think i could do it. That's like a piece of history.

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

I also wondered what it meant. I must suffer from chronic GAS.

"Where you begin doesn't matter. Your willingness to start is what counts."
Without music life would be a mistake.
Country music is three chords and the truth.
cool cool cool cool cool cool

zguitar wrote:

I was just looking at the website Pete posted. That guy has a pretty sweet collection. But really, would you actually play a 1930's or 40's vintage guitar if you had one? I don't think i could do it. That's like a piece of history.

Guitars are meant to make music.  They might be pretty, but they're not for looking at. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

I was just reading up on it. According to wikipedia it is not yet a clinical condition, but just a form of obsessive compulsive disorder .
I suppose one cure would be to take all your money away! smile

"Where you begin doesn't matter. Your willingness to start is what counts."
Without music life would be a mistake.
Country music is three chords and the truth.
cool cool cool cool cool cool

There is a variant of GAS sometimes called "Gear Acquisition Syndrome" which, of course, applies to all those guitar accessories: Amps, pedals, slides, capos, these strings, those strings,  more amps, more pedals, rack effects, recording devices, dynamic microphones, condensor microphones, pre-amps for the condensor microphones... PA systems.. PA Speakers, subwoofers, divorce court, the list goes on almost forever! smile

Now available in 5G !

Argh!  I just looked at the Musician's Friend site and they're selling single cut-away Danelectro's for $199.00!!!  How do I not buy one of these??!!

Now available in 5G !

zguitar wrote:

If you hang it on the wall and look at it, it's not a guitar, it's a sculpture.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

sounds like a good deal,I personally will not buy something I do not have my hands on,that way I know it fits Etc.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Well I def think we should opt for chordie t shirts that read "got GAS?" smile

HannahBeth wrote:

Well I def think we should opt for chordie t shirts that read "got GAS?" smile

smile smile smile:) yikes big_smile smile

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?