Topic: Another Surprise Gig

Got called out of retirement by my good friend Diana at her Fish River Grill#2 restaurant. She invited me out Friday to hear a good local duo playing there.
They were quite good and I told her so.                                         She said, "Why don't you play here tomorrow from noon to three?"  I warned her I was rusty but was proud to accept.
I didn't need a P.A. I just showed up with my acoustic guitar and a stool. The crowd was very nice, tips were good and Ms. Diana treated me to her fabulous catfish platter. I couldn't possibly sing after one of those so I ordered at the end of the gig and brought it home to share with my wife.
Put a hot new set of strings on the ol' Yamaha. I used a soft pick so the guitar wouldn't drown out my vocals.
I had a really good time.
toots

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

Re: Another Surprise Gig

Sounds like some good fun toots,you also sang for your supper!

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Way to go! Keep making music.

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.

Glad to hear you enjoyed it toots.  Keep on rollin'

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Fantastic!  smile

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

sounds like the ideal gig, i'm jealous

phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.