Topic: Had to share my local surf report :)

I know most of you dudes and dudettes don't surf but I just had to share our local forecast for this week big_smile  Here's a link to the report (scroll down a bit to see the whole week) http://magicseaweed.com/Ocean-Isle-Beac … eport/675/  You'll see that Saturday is calling for triple overhead with 20ft+ waves!!!  EPIC big_smile The plus is that I'll be on Oak Island for the next 2 weeks and they have glass breaks with a good swell.  This is better than Christmas!!!  I'll be sure to get lotsd of pics smile

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

Re: Had to share my local surf report :)

Good for you Pix,

Pretty great country we have here all politics aside. Lots of wonderful sights and adventures . From Coast to Coast smile

Later, Wayne P

3 (edited by Guitarpix 2011-08-21 14:51:30)

So true Wayne... Looks like you just had a great trip yourself! Loved the pics, Thats some beautiful country!

I was sitting on the dunes last week eating lunch with a friend and we were talking about how lucky we really are to live were we do...  In no time I can be on my choice of several islands and beaches ranging from partying in Myrtle Beach, the seclusion of Naggs Head or even running with the wild horse on the shores of Corolla... Beautiful rivers all around (The section of lumber river 5 minutes from me is ranked #1 in the state for largemouth bass fishing and the Cape Fear ,only 25 minutes away, is one of the best for big cats on the east coast) Or in just a 5 hr drive I can be cruising the Blueridge Parkway taking in some gorgeous mountain views....   So many things that get taken for granted in everyday life...

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

Hiya Pix, i reckon that swell must have travelled all the way round the globe, yesterday, the spot that i like nearest to me works best at 3 to 6 foot, well, yesterday it was 12 - 15 ft on the beach break. One of the other spots which gets lots of open ocean swell was 25 ft. A big wave spot called dundgeons, tow in stuff, as it's faaaaar out to sea, was monster mash. All the mad men were out. Sadly at 64, i can only dream of being younger

Keep on Rocking and remember Animals Feel Pain Too.

Guitarpix wrote:

So true Wayne... Looks like you just had a great trip yourself! Loved the pics, Thats some beautiful country!

I was sitting on the dunes last week eating lunch with a friend and we were talking about how lucky we really are to live were we do...  In no time I can be on my choice of several islands and beaches ranging from partying in Myrtle Beach, the seclusion of Naggs Head or even running with the wild horse on the shores of Corolla... Beautiful rivers all around (The section of lumber river 5 minutes from me is ranked #1 in the state for largemouth bass fishing and the Cape Fear ,only 25 minutes away, is one of the best for big cats on the east coast) Or in just a 5 hr drive I can be cruising the Blueridge Parkway taking in some gorgeous mountain views....   So many things that get taken for granted in everyday life...

Will you be my dad?  It sounds AWESOME there, way more exceptional than stinkin NY with our high taxes (although I do love our little lake).

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.