Topic: What song are you working on

Just wondered what song everyone is working on right now. I'm working on 'Let it Rain' Clapton.

Cam

Keep a fire burning in your eyes
Pay attention to the open sky
You never know what will be coming down

Re: What song are you working on

I'm composing a song about the mideast and working on the theme from Monk(instrumental) smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

I am working on Pancho and Lefty by Willie Nelson, but having trouble getting the intro smooth.  And also working on Harvest Moon by Neil Young.  Got the intro on that one down, but having trouble singing as high as it needs to be.  I sing it down an octave and it is too low.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Finishing off a sequel to "Don't Take Your Guns to Town."  It is appropriately called "Shoot 'em Down."   smile

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

I'm playing around with two.... Been working on "Desperado" by The Eagles and tinkering with "Cool Change" by The Little River Band.

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

I am working on Autumn Leaves (Eva Cassidy's version), for some reason the instrumental part is giving me some trouble. Getting old and my ability to remember is --- what was i saying?  I just like the way she does it. I want to try Saint James Infirmary Blues, thanks for inspiration Russell.

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

bensonp wrote:

I am working on Pancho and Lefty by Willie Nelson, but having trouble getting the intro smooth.  And also working on Harvest Moon by Neil Young.  Got the intro on that one down, but having trouble singing as high as it needs to be.  I sing it down an octave and it is too low.

Capo time Pete, or write the chords down at least three whole steps. Neil Young is a really high tenor and most of us old guys are baritones or lower.

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

Nothing hard but a song I always liked.  THE CHOKING KIND by Waylon Jennings

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.

I tried the capo.  To keep it high, but within my range, I have to capo the 4thh fret.  This puts the intro too far up on the neck (12th thru 15th fret) which is difficult without a cutaway.  I've tried lowering the chords but that messes up the intro.  I'll get it.  Thanks toots.  I just tried all these after reading your post.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Dock of the Bay by Otis Redding using half barre chords.Learning to Fly by Tom Petty. Finally sorta getting the riff down on Wild World by Cat Stevens so maybe I'll throw that one back in to the learning mix.

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

Too many to name.  Maybe I should just do one at a time until I have it nailed down.  A few that I'm working on:

Take It Easy - The Eagles;
Everybody's Talking - Harry Nilsson
James River Blues - Old Crow Medicine Show
Wagon Wheel - Old Crow Medicine Show
Trouble - Cat Stevens

Plus a million others. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

I think were alone now -tommy james and the shondells plus a whole bunch of any songs by Leonard Cohen.My favorite all time artist

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

doing some Stones Wild horses,and a slow fingerpicking version of Procal Harams Whiter Shade of Pale.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Your very welcome and I hope it comes out ok smile

bluejeep wrote:

I want to try Saint James Infirmary Blues, thanks for inspiration Russell.

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Guitar only, no singing...yet

Bad Moon Risin' - CCR (still)
Lucky Man - ELP
Someone Like You - Adele
Your Decision - Alice in Chains
I'm Your Captain (Getting Closer) - Grand Funk Railroad
What I Got - Sublime
Hey Hey What Can I Do - Led Zeppelin
Bring it on Home to Me - Sam Cooke
Hey Joe - Jimmy Hendrix

and there are probably others.

I am (sort of) working on writing a song - slow process for me

I'm working on "Nobody Drinks Alone" by Keith Urban.

"Where you begin doesn't matter. Your willingness to start is what counts."
Without music life would be a mistake.
Country music is three chords and the truth.
cool cool cool cool cool cool

I'm working on an acoustic version of Little Wing. It's a tad tricky but I'm not holding to the note-for-note version.  I believe that its important to retain the original theme but in your own style.. So it will be noticeably different without losing recognition.

Now available in 5G !

Dylan's...Subterranean Homesick Blues...weird rhythm pattern

I'm working on "Mary's Eyes" by Gaelic Storm", "Somewhere Only We Know" by Keane, and "You've Got a Friend" by James Taylor.

"I have a sweet tooth for song and music."-Pope John Paul II

After watching Pete on u-tube, I am working on "I will love you all my life"
Thanks Pete for the nudge. By the way, I think you did very well. Gonna have to give this u-tube thingy a crack one day myself.
All the best
Bushy

Not one drop of my self worth depends on your acceptance of me.
"Quincy Jones"

Been messing around alot this last week with "Sweet Baby James", a James Taylor song and "Let Her Cry" by Darius Rucker.  These are a little out of my normal comfort level of only trying classic country type songs, but I am having fun with these different genre songs.  Notice I didn't say I was any good at them, but messing around seems to be the right term.

Find a Path or Make One    This is a motto I have been following my entire life and one I am currently using with my music.
Big Jim from Ashville Ohio

I have also been dabbling in Wild World and Everybodys Talkin like Zguitar and Zurf.  Hey Bushy, pretty neat song huh?  As you can see, you don't have to be very good to do the YouTube thing.  And it is a lot of fun.  I am learning a lot about myself, just watching me back.  For instance, I tend to sing lower than I think I am and I also tend to sing slower than I think I am.  Watching these back, I find I can make adjustments for some of the things I am doing.  It can all only make me better, I hope.  Give it a go Bushy.

Have just learnt "Under African Skies" by Paul Simon (from the Graceland album). Simple repeating chord pattern (CFCG), but the African type rhythm is a bit tricky. Played it at last open-mic. Also learning "Heard it through the grapevine", "Come Together" (Beatles) and "Substitute" (Who). Actually, am only learning Substitute because another regular at the Open-mic has now "retired" - he always used to play it! And because I like it of course...
May actually get to play some stuff with another guy! Adam, who runs the O/M is coming round next week to work on some stuff. Must work on the solo to "Something" (Beatles), would be pretty cool to do that...
Also got to play at someone's BBQ recently, which was nice!
Cheers!

" Old Guy is Rocking"
Simon & Patrick Pro Flamed Maple (mmm, nice...)
Norman ST68 acoustic

Currently working on Marry Me by Train..  we're doing a wedding soon so I think it'llgo over well.

I haven't worked up any new songs for myself lately but a good buddy (who shall remain nameless) asked me to get him words and chords for "White Shirts in the Rain" by Rodney Carrington.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wz864w43YNk

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?