Topic: HURRICANE IRENE IS COMING

The national weather service is predicting a major hurricane will hit the eastern seaboard.Everyone please make sure to keep emergency supplies.I have mine,Extra strings(electric and acoustic),batteries for my tuner and batteries for my pignose amp.Also food and water

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Re: HURRICANE IRENE IS COMING

The storm is a good ways off the east coast of FLA and even all the way over here on the west coast we are experiencing outer bands of wind and rain. This storm is HUGE

http://weather.myfoxtampabay.com/maps/WTVT/custom/tropical/ir_enhanced_storm2_1.jpg

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

3 (edited by dino48 2011-08-26 00:09:50)

Hi jjj I hope you and the of the people out there manage too only get a little of it. My two sons in Georgia,and south carolina are both going too miss the power of it,they will get by passed pretty much. did you get some of the earthquake as well? Topdown that looks pretty menacing too me!!

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Board and Wax....  check & check   I'm good smile

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

A true surfer Pix I used too when I was in my teens.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

We started getting storm swell here yesterday from it and it's been building... I started surfing it this morning at first light on Oak Island and it was 6ft and like glass with some nice barrels... Also hit Ocean Isle and Sunset Island and by the end of the day it was hitting 10-12 ft...  Should be about 17ft when I get there in the morning  smile

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

^ Nice!! Be safe and post pics!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Dino, my wife felt the earthquake.I was driving a truck when it happened and didnt notice a thing.Remember,what we would call a hurricane here is a windy rainy day down south.Just like 2 inches of snow is a catastrophie down south and a minor inconvenience up here.An earthquake here is probably nothing for you.Have a good weekend everyone

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Pix, coming from the bush, I cannot understand why anyone would want to go surfing in 17 foot waves. for fun.(wink)
To all you other folk in the danger zone, take care.
All the best
Bushy

Not one drop of my self worth depends on your acceptance of me.
"Quincy Jones"

Orstraliya ( and ENZED ) hopes everybody stays safe. (Well, all the cool people anyway tongue)

"Where you begin doesn't matter. Your willingness to start is what counts."
Without music life would be a mistake.
Country music is three chords and the truth.
cool cool cool cool cool cool

11 (edited by dino48 2011-08-26 16:51:12)

Sounds like the east coast is getting hit by alot of mother natures worst hope no tornados show up and you all come out without any damage..JJJ I will never get used too eartquakes they are scary no matter how many you expierience. The last one a 7.2  moved my car from the curb 5 feet and my truck from driveway all the way into the street. It emtied all our kitchen cuboards and every single chestof drawers in all the bedrooms. You can not walk or run during one that large as the ground rolls and you fall.

JJJ.. great post.. and oh so true.  Great time to get some new tunes down.  As for that 5.8 earthquake in the Wash DC area..  the office building I'm in shook like a ragdoll.  It was unnerving to say the least..  now if this hurricane could just wipe out the stinkbugs!  Be safe folks...

I wish everyone well through the coming hurricane.  Be safe.  Don't do anything stupid, like ride it out with a hurricane party.  Good luck.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

During the '79 Hurricane, Fredrick, my buddy and I stupidly decided to ride two blocks to the Mobile Bay beach around midnight to see what we could see.
We got out of our car at the beach and had to hang on to the car door handle to avoid being blown away. On our way back to the house the street got blocked by trees falling and power lines shooting sparks in the street. We tried three other possible routes back to my house and only on the last possibility did we find a way back home. Never again!

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

Well... NY City is pretty well shut down and life boats are standing by to save people should the city flood.  I'm THRILLED to be a 5 hour drive away from the coast.  I hope everyone stays safe.  Hope all our friends in the south on the coast are also safe!!  I believe Pix and wife made it through safely.

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Amy,my wife is from buffalo(north tonawonda) to be exact.She has family in South Alabama.Is that close?

Enjoy Every Sandwich

We had a pretty good impromptu hurricane party tonight.  No one got out of control and we all enjoyed ourselves.  Just rain so far.  It's raining pretty heavy now (10PM) but the wind hasn't scared us yet.  I don't think it will.  Rivers will be blown out for a while so I guess I'll have to fish reservoirs and such.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Stay safe out there folks. Don't mess with Irene!

" Old Guy is Rocking"
Simon & Patrick Pro Flamed Maple (mmm, nice...)
Norman ST68 acoustic

Echo Norms comments. Stay safe guys.

Jerry

Live the life you love, love the life you live

Woah, I was reading the news, apparently this is going to be a biggie.

"Where you begin doesn't matter. Your willingness to start is what counts."
Without music life would be a mistake.
Country music is three chords and the truth.
cool cool cool cool cool cool

So far a lot of rain and wind.Gabby trout is sleeping down the cellar just in the huge tree over her bedroom should fall.My trees are fine.It`s my neighbors trees I worry about.I guess now is a bad time to remind myself to patch the floorboards of my f-150.

Enjoy Every Sandwich

joeyjoeyjoey wrote:

Amy,my wife is from buffalo(north tonawonda) to be exact.She has family in South Alabama.Is that close?

I'm between Syracuse and Utica... but... I lived in Lancaster NY (Near enough to where your wife is from that she should easily recognize it!) till I was in 6th grade!  smile  I still have lots of family in Lancaster, Depew, Amherst, etc...  it seems south of us and east (toward Albany) have gotten the worst of the flooding from Irene.

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

23 (edited by joeyjoeyjoey 2011-08-29 13:51:52)

she may know those areas.I`ve only been there once.I can remember the 9 hour drive each way.I will ask her when she gets home.Shehas commented on how you are up to your neck in snow the whole winter .Our rough winter is an average day over there.

Enjoy Every Sandwich