Topic: Elixir strings.....

Hi

I have used elixir strings for the last 6 years, and I have been wery satisfied with the sound and quality all the time.... The last 2 sets of acoustic strings i baught seems to be bad quality! I use nanoweb-coated phosphor bronze strings. The strings starts to become hairy and soundless after two weeks because this nanoweb coating is falling off......  Does any of you have same problem?

Re: Elixir strings.....

Same thing happened to me, at first I wasn't very bothered because I could take a damp towel and remove the "hairs" but after about a month the sound diminished. I am very disappointed especially since Elixirs have always served me well, i reverted back to the normal elixirs that don't contain "nanoweb technology" but Im not sure how much longer those will still be out on the market...

If you spend your life judging people, how will you ever have time to love them ♥

As an alternate, try Martin SP strings in phosphor bronze. I think they sound better and last longer than Elixir.

Personally, I feel that putting on coating on a string will only serve to dampen the sound. I've been searching for the ultimate guitar string for 33 years now.  I've recently switched from Martin Marquis to Martin Fingerstyle SP strings. You might like them as well... especially if you use multiple tunings.

Now available in 5G !