Topic: Free (probably classical) guitar lessons!

Good afternoon!

I've been teaching guitar for around a year now and it's a constant struggle to find/keep students. So to get me some experience and hopefully help people on this forum, of which I'm a regular lurker, you can have some lessons via Skype (unless you happen to live in Cambridgeshire, then you can have proper ones!). I've done some Skype lessons before, they're fun and work well.

Classical guitar is the speciality. If you're able to mark your ability with a grade, I'd be happy teaching up to grade 5 level. I shan't go any further until I've got my diploma - wouldn't want to give bad advice. If classical guitar isn't in your interests, we can try a lesson anyway (you're not losing any money anyway), I teach people into a lot of different styles. Music theory is also a love of mine, so there are lessons available in that too!

Leave a reply if you're interested and I'll PM you my Skype address.

Re: Free (probably classical) guitar lessons!

That is remarkably generous TeaAnd12tone.  Thank you for thinking of your fellow Chordians that way.  You know, if we can work out some time with the time difference, I could really use a little help with how to know when to use which scale for soloing.  I've got some good picking patterns and some strumming patterns down, plus a few transitions, but I'm very, very weak on licks and soloing.  I'm on the East Coast of the U.S. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

3 (edited by TeaAnd12tone 2011-08-31 22:45:18)

I'm sure I can help out with that! As boring as scales are made out to be, they're really interesting and useful to know about. We can work on strumming/chord voices/changes as well. I'll send you a PM.

Just to add, the lessons are likely to be about 45 minutes.

EDIT: um... how do I send PMs?

Teach him to play an open B.  He really digs that.  smile

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

TeaAnd12tone wrote:

I'm sure I can help out with that! As boring as scales are made out to be, they're really interesting and useful to know about. We can work on strumming/chord voices/changes as well. I'll send you a PM.

Just to add, the lessons are likely to be about 45 minutes.

EDIT: um... how do I send PMs?

For PM's - you don't.  You click the e-mail hyperlink under the member's name by any of their posts.  That opens a new e-mail window and you can send an e-mail to that member.  It's as if the e-mail comes from you rather than from Chordie, so then you've got what you need to have a conversation.  Easy peasy. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude