Topic: Guilty pleasure songs

Give us a few songs that you're kind of embarrassed to admit you like. Here we go:
Divinyls- I touch myself

Milli Vanilli - Blame it on the rain

Miley Cyrus - The Climb

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Guilty pleasure songs

Any Bee Gees song, my favorite is I started a joke.

Abba - Waterloo and Take a chance on me.

"Way Down" - Elvis Presley's last number one hit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xSsHtRzQFQ

"Crazy Arms"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8gRBkQ5 … re=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqpTBwDH … re=related

"You've Lost  That Loving Feeling" - by The Rightous Brothers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhs3Rj71 … re=related

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

4 (edited by TwangTown 2011-09-02 10:15:15)

jamier wrote:

Any Bee Gees song, my favorite is I started a joke.

Abba - Waterloo and Take a chance on me.

I have to admit I am a closet Bee Gees fan as well, love the richness of their melodies and harmonies. Feelgood songs.

Love the Carpenters too - Karen's voice is like good well aged single malt whisky, has velvet sexy smoothness that is unequaled.

There, I've come out! Damn that feels good!

"War never determines who is right , only who is left"
"Democracy is the right to protest about  the lack of it!"

Rainbow Connection

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

I'm a big Bread fan....  Get alot of slack over it from my jamming partners but hey smile   I'm well past worrying about what's cool. I play what I like and if they hate it they can wait outside till the song is done big_smile

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

Katy Perry - I kissed a girl

Z - the first concert I ever went to (in a limo and all) was Milli Vanilli ... how's that for something to "be proud of"?  LOL!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Keith Urban - Raining on Sunday.

"Where you begin doesn't matter. Your willingness to start is what counts."
Without music life would be a mistake.
Country music is three chords and the truth.
cool cool cool cool cool cool

WOW Amy, I would never admit that!!!!  You were probly cool at the time but now it's just funny!

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

Purple Rain.. I love that chord progression

Now available in 5G !

I like the Beach Boys, and the Bee Gees. I have been too a few beach boy concerts and they put on a great show.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

mekidsmom wrote:

Katy Perry - I kissed a girl

Z - the first concert I ever went to (in a limo and all) was Milli Vanilli ... how's that for something to "be proud of"?  LOL!

That's kinda... scary yikes

ABBA- lets be real who doesnt like them.When I was young it would an embarassment to admit it.I told gabby trout that in the 70s,people would change the station if Abba came on and they had friends in the car.If abba came on and no one was in the car,they would crank it up.How many can say they arent guilty of it?

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Sugar Sugar by the Archies.  And I also like a lotof the Bee Gees music.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

I have always liked Duran Duran. Good music but not good to publicly say you like them after the teenie-boppers started to swoon over them.

Funny, some of these bands I will admit to liking without hesitation. Duran Duran and the Beach Boys are good music.

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

Price Tag by Jesse J. Its almost the same as playing Hey Soul Sister by Train

the chordie geordie

How could I forget La Bamba by Ritchie Valence.

Love that tune ( I get a lot of stick for this one from friends and family ).

jamier wrote:

Been playing this song in a medley with "Shake it up Baby" by the Beatles. Back and forth from one to the other. A,D and E. Fun!
toots

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

tubatooter1940 wrote:
jamier wrote:

Been playing this song in a medley with "Shake it up Baby" by the Beatles. Back and forth from one to the other. A,D and E. Fun!
toots

Sounds like fun toots. I will admit though that the Spanish is a bit beyond me, I mumble the verses and rock the chorus.

Jamie R

Another one you can do as an A, D, E medley is "What I Like About You" and "Sherry Baby".  I found this out one time at a jamm session where I started playing what I thought was "What I Like About You" and another guy said, "Hey, I know that song".  So I said, "Sing along then."  And when we both started singing, we were each singing a different song. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

zguitar wrote:

WOW Amy, I would never admit that!!!!  You were probly cool at the time but now it's just funny!

It makes for good story telling... everyone starts talking about all the concerts they went to and I start out with how I went to this one when I wasn't quite a teenager yet... in limo... how awesome it was, how cool we were... and then break out that it was them.  LOL!  Sad part is, I haven't been to many concerts... them, Billy Joel, 4 non-blondes... and... well... that's about it cuz I became a mom at 19 and didn't live a whole lot.  THAT is the sadder part.  I SEE a few concerts in my future now that my son is old enough to babysit his little sisters!  smile

LOVE LaBamba!  I'll have to check that out along with Shake it up TOOTS!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

gtx wrote:

Price Tag by Jesse J. Its almost the same as playing Hey Soul Sister by Train

I liked Price Tag... for awhile. Then I heard her new single and it put me right off her.

I have lots of guilty pleasures and am not afraid to admit it.  That oxymoron aside:
-  Nights on Broadway - Bee Gees (great chord progressions in this one)
-  Haven't Met You Yet - Michael Buble (fun song to play if you mimic the piano)
-  Looks Like We Made It - Barry Manilow (nice chords)
-  The Candy Man - Sammy Davis Jr. (my own arrangement;  couldn't find one online that I liked)
-  The Winner Takes it All - ABBA

and (try to top THIS one!)

-  Tiptoe Through the Tulips - Tiny Tim  (I WIN!)

Loads of others, but you get the idea . . .

'Nom

"Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid." - Despair, Inc.

25 (edited by jamier 2011-09-07 11:28:51)

Anybody else out there in Chordie land like Achy Breaky heart by Billy Ray Cyrus?.

I know the song is cheesy as ,well cheese actually, but I love it.

Jamie R