1 (edited by TheOnlyTaylor 2011-09-10 05:32:33)

Topic: Crash, Play, and then impress a Turkish foriegn exchange student.

Friday night, and I had to practice my guitar and a few songs. strapped with two guitars and a backpack riding home on a long board Isn’t something I’d recommend. Falling wasn’t a big deal. I jabbed my hand straight into the ground, exactly where I had bruised my skin a week ago falling, as if to say, “Buddy, I was meant to bleed. "  I was more concerned with the guitar that I carried in my soft case. I didn't really care for the guitar itself, I needed a new one and I was already prospecting around for a new one. It had seen its last days. She made in that moment a very unpleasant sound, and I knew, I may just end up buying a new guitar sooner than I thought. Luckily, it was fine. I left the guitar where it was, right outside about ten feet from the dorm entrance. If anyone stole it they’d be doing me a favor. I went to address my wound.

As exciting as this of this sounds, when I came out I found someone playing the guitar I had left behind, which was absolutely fine with me. I sat and listened for a while. I heard nothing special, but nonetheless, it was interesting to watch someone else play. He asked me to play and he said, with a heavy accent, “my guitar wasn’t as good as this one "  He was a foreign exchange student and didn't want to take along his guitar for the plane ride. I played for a while and nothing that required any real skill, but he asked me if I’d play a song for him that he wanted to look up on his computer. I said yes, and ended up playing a very simple chord progression to some Turkish song(it almost sounded like a (nursery rhyme). I didn’t mind.

He seemed blown out of the water. He loved it. He liked it so much, he went inside to get his camera and record it. We hung around for a while until he had recorded the song and loaded it onto his laptop. After that it was time to go. The wound on the edge of my palm was beginning to bleed through the edges of the band aide. It was time for a new band aid.

no audience required.

Re: Crash, Play, and then impress a Turkish foriegn exchange student.

That is awesome! smile Pure awesomeness.

"Where you begin doesn't matter. Your willingness to start is what counts."
Without music life would be a mistake.
Country music is three chords and the truth.
cool cool cool cool cool cool

Cool.  It's important to encourage one another.  There's always someone better than you and there's always someone that you can encourage.  You found someone to encourage and you did it.  That's great.  I'm glad your guitar is OK.

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

AWESOME!!!!!  Thank you for sharing your story!!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Nice story. Did u end up offering him your guitar? Seeing as how you had two and didn't care if the one got broken or stolen. And maybe see if he wants to take some lessons or just jam together. Like the wise Zurf said, encouragement.

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

I did in fact offer him my guitar, but he didn't seem to jump at the offer. Actually, I was carrying a classical guitar and an acoustic guitar. My acoustic had a hard shell case and my classical guitar had a soft case. I need my classical for college classes I'm taking, but I said he could have it as soon as I got it replaced.

no audience required.