Topic: user names

theres some very interesting user names on this site. I myself am HOPEFUL that one day i will be able to play the guitar fairly well ( we can always dream ) Is anyone else willing to divulge the meaning of their names ?

Re: user names

When I first registered at the site, I had no intention of using the forum (never having participated in an on-line forum before) so I used my real name.  However, I eventually became quite interested in the topics and conversations occuring on chordie's forum.  By then, I figured 'What the heck . . .', so I stuck with what I already had.

"That darn Pythagorean Comma thing keeps messing me up!"
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_comma[/url]

Dear "Hopeful" : My 'User Name' is my Legal Name 'in the World'. My 1st Name , Daniela , Means : "Person Judged Approvingly by God" (feminine gender.) Hebrew derivation.

Danspr is just the first 3 letters of my first name and the first 3 of My last name.
cool danspr

Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel
Jimi Hendrix
cool danspr

James McCormick wrote:

When I first registered at the site, I had no intention of using the forum (never having participated in an on-line forum before) so I used my real name.  However, I eventually became quite interested in the topics and conversations occuring on chordie's forum.  By then, I figured 'What the heck . . .', so I stuck with what I already had.

I had no intention of using the forum at first either, i was using chordie to get guitar chords for quite a while before i actually registered. You some how get quite drawn to it and then i realised that there was a lot of opportunity for advice from experienced guitarists, who can teach us rookies a thing or two.

6 (edited by moddish 2007-06-14 16:27:16)

Well, the dictionarys definition of my user name (though I spelled it wrong!) is;
Being in or conforming to the prevailing or current fashion; stylish.

But I chose it cos I was a bit of a Mod when I was younger, but lean more towards being a Rocker now (in terms of both music and fashions), although I still have the old Mod leanings. Therefore, I'm not exactly a Mod, just Modish. lol  Thats the correct spelling by the way! smile

"'Mod' is a shorter word for 'young, beautiful and stupid' - we've all been there." - Pete Townshend.  lol

Craig.

Blind acceptance is a sign, of stupid fools who stand in line.  John Lydon.

'Mod' is a shorter word for 'young, beautiful and stupid' - we've all been there." - Pete Townshend.

James,
you had no intention of using the forum?
who are you kidding,lol. yer a natural gift of the gab chatterbox full of info and help for people.

I fit was not for people like you that go out their way so much, even to look up google yourself for answers and give to people here asking, the site just would not be the same.

I like helping people too but when I see questions I know can easily be found thru a search I just dont bother unless I want to know the answer to their question too.

I canny remember why I use this name. I have used it for years (about 10) if someone has already got "upyerkilt" then I use upyerkilt4fun or upyerkilt123. I wanted something that sounded scottish I thnk, but still I get people asking where I am from. And some think I am female,some think I am irish and some just dont have a clue.

But mostly at the end of things I always sign off as Ken,
or byefurthenoo, ken 
and i tend to babble on a bit sometimes.  Ithink it is to make sure the bloodis circulating ok round my fingers so I can learn more harder chords.

ok,
finished babbling

byefurthenoo
Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

The first time i saw upyerkilt i immediately thought Scottish.

9 (edited by badeye 2007-06-14 22:57:54)

Working in the Swimming Pool Industry for 20 years and bieng a carpenter I have a good eye for different grades in a persons back yard. Every yard is different.Over time Bradley turned into Bradeye then into Badeye. So thats what my co-workers call me. Its not because of the patch. LOL. This is an interesting thread.

Take Care ...Badeye....

one caper after another

Sheesh... Mine is so boring. Well my first name is Mike.... well actually it's Michel... but since this is an english forum I tend to use Mike. Hebert is my family name.

Badeye interesting progression from Bradley to Badeye. I like to think that your family decends from Pirates. Of course if pirate did land on the cape they surely would have stayed!

I may be goin' to hell in a bucket babe

I used to be 'Sandman'...ref to book "Logans Run" (ohmygod...he's really dated himself...)

Then I used 'elf' because I'm into Tolkien.

Now, its just my name because, at my age it no longer pays to be clever
smile

I like that Mike. I'm a Pirate. It has nothing to do with the patch.

.... Badeye...

one caper after another

Gather round the yardarm and raise your voices for Badeye....

Fifteen men on a dead man's chest/Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum/Drink and the devil had done for the rest/Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum./The mate was fixed by the bosun's pike/The bosun brained with a marlinspike/And cookey's throat was marked belike/It had been gripped by fingers ten;/And there they lay, all good dead men/Like break o'day in a boozing ken/Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum……

Thats rite.The Last of Barretts Privaters.

Want to hear and see lots of guitars players come to "The Stan Rogers Festival" in Canso ,Nova Scotia in July. Check for dates. It's a great time.

....Badeye...

one caper after another

15 (edited by mhebert 2007-06-15 01:42:01)

I'll check it out..... No time off till August though. Maybe I could pull some strings.
Have a good one!
Mike

16 (edited by bootleger 2007-06-15 03:09:06)

My grandfather use to make bath tub beer and sell it to supplement his income to feed his 13 kids. My dad being the oldest cultivated the nickname as a kid by relatives because he helped my grand father so my dad became "Bootlegger" (because of the beer making).  I lost my dad almost two years ago and now I use it in honor of his memory.

My given name is Gilbert but as a youth I cultivated the nick name "Guilty" by a drummer. I still to this day do not know why, I never got caught and I have no recorded criminal record.

Bootlegger.

Mines from an incident in the Air Force...no, not involving a fast plane. I got a new room mate who didn't understand my North Carolina dialect so when I said my name was jeff he heard jets...it stuck for a few years and its the only name other than jeff that I've ever been called. The signature I use is the NY Jets (American Football team or NFL in the USA) cheer I've heard (and liked) where the they spell out jets then say jets 3 times in a row afterwards. And I never was a jets fan until I got the nickname.

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

Like James I never intended to contribute to the forum. My brother, Colin, told me about Chordie being a great place for chords and lyrics so I came here. It was quite a while before I registered and I used my own name as it is rather unusual. There are not many Roger Guppy's in this world. In fact many people say that one is too many lol

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Hi Hopeful,

Onomastics! Study of names?  Quiz question one night, thats how i discovered that 1.!

When i was younger, My Aunts always said " I had a face like a Porcelain Doll ? As with every thing the lines and creases have set in! If these are laughter lines? I've done some laughing in my days!     Hence" Old Doll ".

Helena is my name, Shakespearian, Midsummers Nights Dream! after My Grandmother.   
Then the Americans kindly named A hurrricane after me! How very nice of them!

Another Question.  The Distinguished Name " Guppy"  Means  "OF GOPHEYE ?. Now are Badeye and Gopheye, Twins ? Brothers? Relations, cousins, or one and the same ?
Answers on postal thread to Chordie Please. lol.

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

my name is SG MAN because i like th gibson sg     but origionally it was going to be pyro_dude but decided against it.

dont light yourself on fire... it kinda hurts.

my first name, my second name and my house number

i normally log on to sites as johnnywas   -  a song which calls for peace in troubled times -

"Woman hold her head and cry
Cause her son had been shot down in the street and died
Just because of the system

She cried, oh, oh, oh, oh
Johnny was a good man
Never did a thing wrong

Johnny went out on a Saturday night
Never hurt anybody never started no bar room fight
Johnny never did nobody no wrong
Never hurt anybody
Johnny was a good man"

Mine is probably pretty obvious.  I'm a huge U2 fan but beyond that Edge really gave back to my community following hurricane Katrina though his Music Rising foundation.

I think mine's kinda self explanatory! wink

As my life-long spiritual guide and mentor said.."The fact that you realise you have a problem means that you are not too far gone"

Tundeaf

I think mine's kinda self explanatory! wink

As my life-long spiritual guide and mentor said.."The fact that you realise you have a problem means that you are not too far gone"

Tundeaf

My real name is Lieven PHILIPS, my given name is quit difficult here on the web. Since years, I think it started with napster: I adore guitars but guitar was gone, so I used the dutch word gitaar, I am a Medical Doctor and this is where doc comes in and phil is half my name. In the time, when I still worked, a lot of people called me doc, or Lieven, some (and not much patients) did name name and title. I preferred not, because it is just a job like another.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]