Topic: NEW TOYS at the house

I happened to be in town today and decided to stop in at Guitar Center to look around.  I have been contemplating an accoustic guitar amp and they had one I thought was interesting on sale.  Well, some haggling, a mysterious 10 % coupon later and a manager's input allowed me to bring home an Accoustic AG-60 amp, with a Shure SM58 and Shure SM57 mic's,  cables and mic stands.  I am hoping this will be $500 well spent! 

Will get to open it and play with it tomorrow as misses goes to bed with the chickens and I am sure she doesn't want me strumming her out of bed.  I made these aquisitions after doing alot of reading by others who posted on here and other places.  I hope I was led correctly!   Just to be used for practice and maybe small venue at a local nursing home.

Find a Path or Make One    This is a motto I have been following my entire life and one I am currently using with my music.
Big Jim from Ashville Ohio

Re: NEW TOYS at the house

I hate to ask but whats your missus doing going to bed with the chickens? We just usually lock ours up in their run.

Jerry

Live the life you love, love the life you live

Jim, congratulations on getting more toys. Maybe a pic?. Maybe a utube link down the track?
By the way, my wife goes to bed with me. Some of you Americans sure do have some funny ways. (wink)

All the best
Bushy

Not one drop of my self worth depends on your acceptance of me.
"Quincy Jones"

Ok Buzz and Bushy; you got me there!  I probably should have been more specific in saying that my misses goes to bed real early and then I go to the same bed later that nite.  She still works every day, while me, being a retiree, get to stay up and hoot with the owls until the wee hours.  I will report back about my new toys when I get a chance to get them out and set them up a little bit later today.  Grandparents day at kindergarten for my grandson this morning, so no play until later on.  See you then.

Find a Path or Make One    This is a motto I have been following my entire life and one I am currently using with my music.

Having raised Chickens at one point, I can completely appreciate what you meant Jim!  LOL!  I hope you have some fun today with your new toys!!  smile  I'll be attempting a few more recordings myself today during my whopping 2 hours of "freedom" while my littlest one is in Pre-K

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

I've got that same amp.  The Shure line of mics are what my brother-in-law uses.  He's been pro for a long time. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Those mics are top notch from all I have read.  Don't know anything about the amp.  Sounds as if you got some good stuff there, Bass.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

you have a run for your wife?

Buzzwagon wrote:

I hate to ask but whats your missus doing going to bed with the chickens? We just usually lock ours up in their run.

Jerry

I also haven't heard much about that amp but I've got both of those mics and they are solid. I expect mine to outlast me.  They are both terrific performers.

Now available in 5G !

I love these stories...I wondered in GC for some strings, just to look around, etc!

I was in a GC yesterday. Unfortunately so was Sammy the Shredder. I couldn't hear myself think.

Kool, Jim.  Does it have both XLR and 1/4" inputs?

DE

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

Sounds as though you are going to have some good times with your new toys Jim!
   Once again those evil,evil guitar stores have taken advantage of one of us poor
   unsuspecting musicians that only want to have some fun. big_smile       Mike

Our intuitions serve us well

Dirty Ed wrote:

Kool, Jim.  Does it have both XLR and 1/4" inputs?

DE

It's got the coolest input jacks ever.  Each input jack, of which there are four, can each take either XLR or 1/4".  There are two channels and each channel has two inputs. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Hey Ed; Exactly what Zurf said!  So far so good, I am having fun, but nothing else is getting done around here for a few days it seems.