Topic: Chordie site name....

I ran the search aspect first and came up with nothing. So I thought I'd ask. What was you're motivation to come up with your screen name?

I came up with mine because I like to fish and Jerry is my first name. I know some of you probably thought I played the bass guitar but alas, no, I can barely play the guitar I have, sorry. LOL. You don't have to answer, it's just a way to get to know others.

Jerry

If there were no guitars, everyone would have to sing a capella.

2 (edited by dino48 2011-09-24 16:52:08)

Re: Chordie site name....

I am using part of my name and a date that is important,Welcome here jerry,You can learn alot here. There are beginners and pros here. Wish we were a little closer you and I are about 300 miles apart. Not too many california people on the forum.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

I came up with mine 'cause my mum and dad gave me it 64 years ago, anything else would be confusing after all this time smile.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Mine is last name, first initial.  Not quite as original as Roger, but hey....  And I didn't think Peter Tilapia sounded very good.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

5 (edited by tubatooter1940 2011-09-25 00:41:54)

Been playing guitar since the 60's ( I didn't say how well). Learned the tuba in high school. Quit tuba and switched to trumpet/trombone after college to play in a jazz/rock band. Dental problems scotched the trumpet but implants made it possible to play tuba just fine.
Some snobs on my tuba forum insisted on being called tubaists instead of tubists."Who cares" said I. Since tubas produce a bassy fartlike sound that I just love, I wanted people to call us fart hornists but they would have none of that. I since have referred to tuba players as tuba tooters ( to avoid the snobby term "tubaists" that I so despise). My old King Eb tuba was built in 1940 - hence, tubatooter 1940.
toots

Her's Guitarpix, Topdown and yours truly at the Chordilina Jam:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2zgj-L4Ugw

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

Good story toots!

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

The beginning of the Joey Bishop show from the 60s. "JoeyJoeyJoey, son of a gun".

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Bushy was the name I was known by during my time in Viet Nam in the late sixties and early seventies. I am still known by this handle most places I go. (even my wife calls me Bushy) The 243 is a calibre of rifle I been known to be proficient at using in days gone by.

All the best
Bushy

Not one drop of my self worth depends on your acceptance of me.
"Quincy Jones"

Hello Jerry, welcome to chordie. My chordie name is the color of my favorite jeep chereokee - been up many a mountain in that jeep.

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

There is a thread somewhere with this same vibe, but there's a lot of new people since then!  wink  I am first and foremost a mom to my kids, been fighting regular employment for the past 15 years in an attempt to stay home with them.  Although, in the end it still doesn't matter because working is FOR them.  They are number one!  I wanted MY kids mom, but that was taken on some other forum I was on, so I am ME kids mom all over the place.

smile
Amy

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

I have a bad eye..

Badeye    cool

one caper after another

My last name is Zurfluh.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude