Topic: UPDATE#2 whoops(or I may have really done it this time)

Spent the day Thursday getting surgery and recovering from the anesthesia.   pretty miserable day. As a result I find myself with about 5 pounds of dressings,splint and tape on my left hand. Doc says 4-6 week recovery period and then start rehab.The worst thing is the boredom. Daytime TV really bites and of course I can't play any of my guitars. Thinking about restringing one up-side down and giving that a go.(LOL) No idea of how much range of motion I'll have after this is over.  Just have to wait and see. Thanks again to all for your prayers and support. The operation went well and pain is minimal. Off to the doctor again on Monday for my first check-up. I understand at that time he'll reposition my finger into more of a bent position and then immobilize it again. Looks like a long road ahead. Thanks again Chordians for being with me with thoughts and prayer. I'm sure it made a difference     Butch

Don't take life too seriously, you're not getting out alive anyway

Re: UPDATE#2 whoops(or I may have really done it this time)

Use your right hand to handle that clicker Butch and relax.  Perhaps a visit to the movie store is in order... and the book store.  Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Hang in there Butch, yea the boredom I can relate to - being stuck in a body cast for over a year due to a motorcycle crash years ago. Back then we didn't have VCR's or DVD's - saw every episode of andy griffith, doctor who and all the charlie chan movies. Daytime TV was bad back in those days too. Be patient and keep us posted on your progress.

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

Kindle. 

I hope your recovery goes smoothly and that you recover full motion.  I also hope in the meanwhile that you're able to earn a living.  Didn't you get hurt on the job? 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Yeah it's job related. Just have to hold on till the Workers Comp payments start. In the meanwhile we'll be tightening the belt so as not to drain the bank account too quickly. Of course we won't be spending as much for gas as I won't be running back and forth to job sites, but the freezer is full and so are the cupboards. The comp payments should start within a week and although it will be less than my normal pay it should keep the wolf away from the door.

Don't take life too seriously, you're not getting out alive anyway

Wish the best for ya Bswyers. You shouldn't have to worry about that damn wolf---

hey honey can you get the door? smile        Mike

Our intuitions serve us well

If you get really bored.. tune a guitar in open G (or whatever) and try and play some slide if you can.. Just a thought..  Keep  the faith brother, there's people pulling for you...

Now available in 5G !