Topic: What do you think of Breedlove?

Lots and lots of posts and opinions about the usual suspects, but don't think I've seen anything on here about Breedlove (which is a Taylor "spinoff" in a way).

I had an opportunity to play around on a Breedlove jumbo 12 string in a guitar shop in Michigan a few months back and i really liked the sound of it.  Of course, the guy who worked there was singing its praises.  I'm looking for some objective real world comments, not a pitch from a salesman.

Anybody have experience with them regarding quality, tone sustainability, etc?  Just looking for some input.

Thanks,
'Nomikal

"Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid." - Despair, Inc.

Re: What do you think of Breedlove?

I've had the pleasure of playing a previous version of the CM Classic. The one with the weird angles.  It's a stunningly beautiful guitar.  It sounds and plays like what you would expect in a $7000+ guitar.  It won't ever join my fleet. I can't afford it. But, every once in a great while, it sure is nice to hold something like this..

Now available in 5G !

I own an Atlas, and it's a great guitar.  Even better is Breedlove's service.  Those guys really take care of you if you have a problem.   They've' shipped me parts at no cost on two occasions just to prevent me from having to ship my entire guitar to them.

The Breedlove distributor was at Wintergrass a few years ago and I was storing his equipment for him. In addition to the cool hat he gave me, he let me play his entire inventory.    The mandolin's were spectacular, and the Revival can only be described as a bluegrass machine.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

I also have a Breedlove Atlas (Studio) DM-25, and I actually like it better than a Taylor I have that cost $300 more.  I've had no opportunity to check on their customer service, though.

"There's such a fine line between genius and stupidity."
                              --David St. Hubbins

I have an Atlas and a Master Class Breedlove and I will never part with either of them. Fantastic guitars at any level. I used to go to Guitar Center and play all the high end models of other brands but I cant find anything that plays as sweet as my high end breed love. The guys I play with often pick up my Atlas and say, they havent played anything that feels and sounds so nice.

Well designed guitars built carefully from good materials.  They sound good and they feel good and they're easy to play. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

As luck comes this way, I borrowed a Breedlove 12-string for this week.  It is a C25/E; the owner explained he visited the plant (in E. Oregon) and hand-picked the woods for it.  Believe me, it looks fine and sounds great (for $7000-8000!).  I immediately restrung it with $25 Elixirs (this was probably the 2nd set of strings on it!); that took 50 minutes to change strings.  The tune-up took two days: at first I brought 'em up to ear-tune and stretched 'em; then tuned (to orchestra) next morning. 
My local jam-mers enjoyed the sound, and I applied every force of attack I could muster and it shouted Tone!  Nice guitar with low action and a wide nut - no barre chords!  I recorded the sound of it just so the owner would hear from a listener's perspective.  Next week I'll return it...  The oddity is over and I'll go back to a 6-string, but it reminded me why I don't look for a 12-string; it bored me quickly. But that's me.  If someone had only a 12-string, it would be different.  By the way, the owner said he tired of it after a couple months!

Live to play, play to live!

I'm not really a twelve string guy eiher, had one once and got rid of it.i