1 (edited by joeyjoeyjoey 2011-10-02 12:45:24)

Topic: is there a bond with you and your guitar

ihave joked about the guitar police and guitars talking to each other when no one is looking so here goes.Do you have a bond with certain guitars.I have a bunch but only have "THE BOND" with a few.I have had others that played and sonded great but the bond wasnt there.Kind of like an old friend who you can trust with anything.Some are indispensable,others you can take or leave. I have had two fender acoustics and 2 strats.All that remains is one strat.The other strat went to my daughter.The acoustics played and sounded great,but the feel(bond) just wasnt there.The strat had the bond.Only 4 guitars have the bond.The rest are fine instruments but they dont have the bond.Everybody know what I am talking about? THE BOND=when you play a guitar and it fits like a well worn pair of jeans. Example My favorite guitars are a pair of jeans. The other guitars are like a suit. The jeans are comfortable and I can wear them all day. When I have to wear a suit,I cant wait to get it off and get back in my jeans.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Re: is there a bond with you and your guitar

I haven't had too many guitars to be able to say there's a bond in the way you're talking... but, my dread is just the right size that when I'm playing something that gives me sad feelings, I can lay my chin down on it while I continue to strum... kind of like laying a head on a shoulder... so in a way, yes we do have a bit of a bond.  smile

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

I tend to bond with almost all i touch. That is the the problem.

Uh, Joey, I think you need to get out and enjoy the sunshine a little more.:P

My bond depends on how I play that particular day. If I'm flubbing everything then I blame it on the guitar. If I'm playing good then it's my baby. It's sorta like blaming things on the dogs or kids.

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess I do,I know when I do not feel good or sometimes when I do feel good I pick it up and it makes me feel better,I do know I would miss it if it was gone. I do think zguitar has a point about getting outside in the sunshine more.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

I still play the same guitar that I got on my 6th birthday, my first instrument. I have never been without it. So I'm bonded. smile

I picked out my Yamaha acoustic for a friend who left it to me when he died. It plays and sounds so sweet. Bond and then some.
Bought my 1960 Gibson ES330 in 1968 from the lead guitarist in our band who wanted a guitar with a longer neck. I'm a rhythm strummer.
I love the sound. I could set the action lower but I beat on a guitar when I play. No problems except some fret wear in all these years. Bond.

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

Not so much, but I do like them awful well. 

Maybe a little bit with my Ovation bass.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

With me its the other way around the guitar bonds with me its only a piece of wood with strings it dont matter which name is on the headstock it dose my bidding a slave to my whims and a vehicle for my dreams nothing more Lenore. so speaketh Zarathustra. lol

"Growing old is not for sissies"

I guess bonding with ones guitar has a lot to do with sound, feel, playability, weight and comfort.  I suppose I do bond with two of my guitars because they usually sound so wonderful.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

maybe i`ll bring my yamaha sj-180 in the sunshine.Take it to lunch.Maybe a ride in the country.Also,its 6:25 pm and pouring rain.Maybe the sunshine will be put on hold.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

when I was younger and learning to play the first time I got super glue on my guitar while I was playing...so yeah....we bonded...so to speak.