Topic: If you could only keep one of your guitars.

What would you do if the guitar police came and told you that you could only keep one of YOUR guitars.The rest have to go.Which one would it be.If it is an electric,you can pick one amp.NOTE:one of the guitars you already own.Not what you wish you had.Think long and hard.Everything else has to go.My choice would be my 1984 yamaha sj-180.Probably has a book value of 30.00 in the shape it is in.It is still my favorite of all my family of guitars. The ric,strat,gibson falcon would be gone.Plus all the others.I have no idea what the guitar police are doing with the stuff they take.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Re: If you could only keep one of your guitars.

Without a doubt, my Maton 325ec accoustic stays with me.

All the best
Bushy

Not one drop of my self worth depends on your acceptance of me.
"Quincy Jones"

Tough call but I guess it would have to be my '79 Yairi dy75....  They'd have a heck of a time getting the others away from me though smile

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

I would keep my yamaha FG401 acoustic. and like pix I would not give up the others easy at all.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

They'd better show up with a lot more than one or two guitar police if they plan on taking any of mine away.  I might give them away of my own free will, but I'll be darned if they're going to get taken without a brief but intense "discussion".   

Setting that aside, I'd keep my Guild D40 Bluegrass Jamboree.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

My <$80 ebay Art & Lutherie . Wild Cherry laminated, nothing special, not expensive, but it's all mine. I would beat the police with my other two just to keep this one.

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd show 'em my gun collection.  smile

But, since this is a thought exercise, I'd probably go with the Breedlove.   A good acoustic is probably the most flexible guitar you can own.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

My Guild GAD F20, I know it's a keeper and I'm still bowled over by the tone.

Jerry

Live the life you love, love the life you live

i will not give any of my guitars. over my dead body...

Spam in sig removed by moderator

First I'd tell them thru the door that they have the wrong address, "It's the house next door you want" , when they come back my guitars would be all hidden, play dumb.  I dunno.   hehe.    I would have too keep my 1978
Hondo Hummingbird. It;s just a 50 dollar beater but plays great and has awesome tone.

badeye    cool

one caper after another

My Martin HD28..  no question.
Deb

I agree with Jerome! My gun collection is bigger than my guitar collection, but I would have to go with my Breedlove Master Class. They would have to pry that guitar from my dead fingers.

I only own three guitars. I would hate to part with my 1960 Gibson ES330 for electric gigs and my little Martin Backpacker for travel.
But if I must only have one, the mid-70's Yamaha FG-350W dreadnought acoustic  is the one I need and use the most.
toots

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

It would have to be my HD-28 also.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Seagull S6

jerome.oneil wrote:

Posts like this make me wish for a like button.

Assuming I was not given the opportunity to leave the country, incognito and with all my babies I would have to settle with my 70's Melody 12 string.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

I only have one, so....

bunbun,
Great idea!
dj

1970 EKO Ranger 6 string still  cant  find  another  guitar  with  the  same   low  action  and  full  bodied  tone ,been  gigging  it  a 41  yrs still sounds  great  despite   2 cracks  in  the  body  thanks  to shippers  who  moved  us  to  greece   from the  uk .

Baldguitardude wrote:
jerome.oneil wrote:

Posts like this make me wish for a like button.

+1

Probably my 70's Yamaha FG 340.

Guitars?  I don't have no stinking guitars! smile

Now available in 5G !

naolslager wrote:

bunbun,
Great idea!
dj

Not so fast. I am still hoping to buy my friend's Schechter Diamond CR-1. If I get my way I will then have two...and won't give either one up.

Its a tough one but i would have to say my Yamaha APX 500.

if this ever came to be reality, then i would undoubtedy hide my lovellies in the cellar that i would dig, fitted with a secret door which would have a 30,000 digit combination lock and booby traps! (might just dig one anyway in case the wife gets her PMT's early.)

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.