1 (edited by frankmackie 2011-10-09 17:30:49)

Topic: Why is Chordie so slow loading?

I like using this site but just when I need it the most it takes about a month to load a page. Ok maybe a bit less than that but I have a very fast connection and Chordie is very slow in comparison. What's up with that?

Re: Why is Chordie so slow loading?

I hope this thread isn't gone and buried by the time you see this response.

I just loaded the home page, several forum posts and 4 or 5 songs - each page loaded is less than a second. Maybe your service isn't as fast as you think it is. There are times when chordie experiences unusually heavy traffic when loading slows down (or even locks up), but those are infrequent. Do you realize the servers are located in Norway? It actually amazes me how fast it loads considering the data is traveling thousands of miles. 

I see you've been a member for several years, yet your first post is a complaint. Thank you for your valuable contributions to the forum.

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Not being critical, but I also have problems with slowness or failure to load approximately 2-3 times a week and I'm on a pretty fast connection. Also have been a few sql errors lately....

BGD - Please notify admin by email when a freeze occurs - Per does not monitor the site regularly (remember, chordie is just a hobby for him). I agree, this has been happening more frequently recently, but if he is not notified, it won't be fixed. It typically just takes a server reboot. It seems I am the only person to notify him and if I'm not on-line, it could stay frozen for hours. Send him a message at admin AT chordie.com and typically it is fixed within minutes.

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Well, let me put my two cents in while we're at it.  There are times when I click on chordie, it comes up in seconds.  There are other times, quite often, when I click on it, it takes several munutes to load and other times it will act as if loading, but will spin for a minute or so and then just stop loading period.  Sometimes I repeat this several times.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

whenever I experience problems logging onto chordie - I just reach for my trusty alvarez, play a few songs and log back on - no problem, life is good.

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

7 (edited by zguitar 2011-10-09 19:33:36)

Like Baldy and Pete I have issues getting on to Chordie quite often  also. Lots of times Chordie.com won't load so I will add /forum and it comes right up. Other times nothing works so I just keep checking back. If it were my e-mail then I would be upset but Chordie isn't a daily  "necessity".

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep, I do the same.  Grab the guitar and play a bit while I wait.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

bluejeep wrote:

whenever I experience problems logging onto chordie - I just reach for my trusty alvarez, play a few songs and log back on - no problem, life is good.

amen! life is good and chordie is free.

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.

I have also been having alot of slow log on times and alot of times it will not log on at all.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

topdown wrote:

BGD - Please notify admin by email when a freeze occurs - Per does not monitor the site regularly (remember, chordie is just a hobby for him). I agree, this has been happening more frequently recently, but if he is not notified, it won't be fixed. It typically just takes a server reboot. It seems I am the only person to notify him and if I'm not on-line, it could stay frozen for hours. Send him a message at admin AT chordie.com and typically it is fixed within minutes.

I did not know I was supposed to do that. Thanks.

For my ten penn'orth, this slow loading always seems to be when I try to access "my songbook" - like right now for instance which prompted this, my first ever post without any delays at all. Remember though, Choride is free and how many things in life can we say that about these days? Me - I'll just practice Stairway for ANOTHER 5 hours, then come back to it later.

Hi Philipio and welcone to the forum,

I have spoken to Per (the site owner) who is aware of the slow response and freeze out that sometimes occurs. There will be some changes made in the next few weeks to try to alleviate this so until then please be patient.

Roger.

"Do, or do not; there is no try"