Topic: Fender Champ 600

I own one of theses amps and I am satisfied for the most part it. I recently found an upgrade kit on the internet made by a company called Mercury Magnetics which claims about a vast inprovement, also stateing that these amps are made with el cheap -o components. Anyone got any feedback on this ?

what a long strange trip it's been

Re: Fender Champ 600

"600" owners usually start with replacing the stock speaker to a Jensen one , and replacing the grille cloth to something more open weave . Have a look on the Telecaster site for all the options .

Checkout the Fender guitar Forum .

I own a Champ 600. Upon purchase (99.00 used @ Guitar Center). Replaced tubes with Jj's & speaker with Jensen two-way from car audio kit. Man it's the Gas, sure the Mercury upgrade it great but for the type of amp it is that's a lot of cash. I currently use it to power two JVC five-way speakers throught the TV & Computer for music (with 1/8 jack cable) as well as being able to use it for three guitars (Danelectro Convertible, Mod59DC & a Fender CD60ce) sound fantastic through all theses mediums. Ya can't beat tubes; esp. for music, as well as the guitars. Which gently weep (Along with me!) whenever I plug in. I did own a Ampeg Jet-20, These JVC's blow it away for sheer clarity & focus. Man I shouldn't have sold that Tele!