Topic: Learn the notes on the fretboard - fretboard game

Something that is important and that I do not spend enough time practicing is learning the whole fretboard, note for note. Here's a link that should help me (and maybe others) master this task. (or at least improve)

http://www.fretboardmaster.com/fretboardgame.html

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Re: Learn the notes on the fretboard - fretboard game

That was fun.... I scored 530 first try with 15 seconds left on the clock. Seems I'm ready for the next level...   Great practice tool smile

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

Thats awesome Pix - Like I said, I need practice. I'm OK on the 5th and 6th strings, but need to think about 2,3,4.

Try master level - it gets quite a bit more challenging.

Tops I relate all mine and it helps me.... I look at it in relation to E. Take the G string for example, I know that G is E +3,  So any fret I need to identify for the G string, I just add 3 and relate it to the E string.... If you follow what I'm saying smile   G string 5th fret is the same as E string 8th fret (5th fret +3) So I know that's C.. Probably not the best way but that's how my mind works it out smile figure the +# for every string and it just clicks in place with simple math if you know the E string well....

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.

Tried master level sad  Didn't miss any but was a little slow, had 4 left to answer when time ran out.   I can see myself using this a lot!  Thanks for the link!

I'm just bumping this because I think it is a great learning tool and am a little surprised it didn't get a better response. Check the link folks - I am sure it will be helpful to most of us!

http://www.fretboardmaster.com/fretboardgame.html

Great tool, Thanks Top's, in my favorites and will use it.

badeye   cool

one caper after another

looks like it could be challanging,I am going to try it when my fingers do not hurt so much,I could use more learning tools and this appers it would help.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Saved to favorites. Will get into game just as soon as I have more time. Can see that it will be a great help in learning.

Nela

Wow - that is pretty dang cool!!

(I did OK first time using, but not great)

Caracena
> One of these days I'll think of a clever signature <

Hey, that is neat topdown.  I have much work to do.  This may help.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Now that the men around here are starting to play scales, I should probably make an attempt to learn a few notes on the fretboard... thank you!  This might actually be a little fun for me.  I've been fighting it long enough!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Wow! I need work, but that was really fun! thanks for the link.