Topic: guitar solos

I have downloaded (paid for it about 19,50$) the 100 greatest guitar solos.
I agree, it is only a list with "of course Led Zeppelin, Queen and other famous guitar players, like ERUPTION by Eddie VAN HALEN.
I have to admit that half of them, I don't know.
But it is very interesting, there are other lists, top 10 is not that different from the 100 greatest.
ADVANTAGE: I do not find this list in on line buying programs, but it is worth to look it up, especially for young and older guitar players.
It is a very good list and like always, to give us an even better idea, they should make a top 500 ranking. Weither you like it or not: IT IS AN OFFICIAL LIST, in total I used more or less 10 CD's.
Probably you can buy them too.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: guitar solos

dude your a pigeon you can see it for free on the net! Smells like teen spirit at no.11? ***********
{note: posting edited by moderator to remove offensive language}

Don't use profanity on your postings, Yes I am the police and yes I can suspend and ban you. Treat other members with respect the same as you will be. (No I will not abuse the authority given to me by the administrators of this website. I although I will use it when it is offensive and necessary.)

Bootlegger.

Want to hear guitar solo's. Check out  Jeff Healy. Truly a guitar master.

...Badeye.

one caper after another

Good choice Badeye and a canuck at that. But we still have the cup and it's still hot out hear. smile

Bootlegger.

Morning Bootlegger, Jeff Healy is truly a great guitar player, Blind since an early age. Hey I read your post on "User Names" and yours is the best. Maybee you can fill the cup with "Tub Beer". I'm sure us Canucks will put up a good battle for it next year. Overcast here today and hope the sun comes out as we are having a "Two Four Weekend" with lots of guitar players. I'm filling a kiddies pool with ice and beer. Not the Stanley Cup but oh well it'll have to do.

Take Care....Badeye.

one caper after another

Hey bootleger and badeye. I only TOLD that I have a list about 100 greatest guitarsolos. An existing list. It can be found on the web. I do NOT agree with a lot of songs on that list. I have listed here to ask if people do agree with the list. I do agree for about 50%. Of course it is very interesting to see so many, even unknown names and the list, or the CD's are a pleasure to listen.
But like you told Jeff Healy is SUPER. I saw a concert of this blind guitarist who proves again that somebody with a "handicap" can do almost everything other people do. The intention of my question was, if you find the list (take google and search 100 greatest guitar solos) you will also see other lists, even up to 250 I think, but I don't know if you find these songs on CD. Of course with that list you can try to download a lot of them. I did it once, in the napster period, trying to find 2000 songs. I reached 1435, but I gave it up. But those where the days, complete Paul Mccartney, Deep Purple, Fleetwood Mac, Bee Gees (22 CD's!!!, I didn't know they had so much songs). But 100 greatest solos gives a good "image" with and that's a pity a very predictable top 10. So If you see the list, I wanted opinions, because there are so many great guitarists

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

8 (edited by bootleger 2007-06-16 16:34:13)

Gitaardocphil,  If you find the Outlaws "green grass & high tides" give it a listen too. You'll hear some fine double harmony leads by Hughie Thomasson & Billy Paul and tastefull playing. Engoy it I have and it is still one of my favorite songs along with Lynyrd Skynrd's "that smell" Stevie Gaines does the first lead and is so fluid to bad his life was cut short. Allen Collins does the second lead and harmonies with Stevie gains then Gary Rossington does the fills. Give them a hear you'll be hooked.

Bootlegger.

I agree that Lynrd Skynrd song That Smell is a good one. Also check out Buddy Guy a great guitarst, Also Albert Collins
The Master of The Telecaster. More blues guitarst but still great. On the country side Vince Gill plays a great guitar.There are so many a person can listen for a long time.
And thats just what I'll be doing.

Have a good one...Badeye.

one caper after another

Badeye,

You mentioned Albert Collins, I was fortunate to know and play with his touring drummer Mike lazek off and on for about 3 years, really a great guy and world class drummer. (not name dropping, met him in and played at church). Check out the "In sessions" cd by Freddy King with Stevie Ray Vaughan you won't be disapointed "IT SMOKES"!

Bootlegger.