Topic: Asking for a Favour Please !

Failte to all my Chordie friends..

My son has asked  "can anyone here record this piece for him..

"Mam,

Looking for a favour.   Could you ask on Chordie is there anyone who could play and record this piece on a resonator guitar, to do a cover of this  link ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ab1l2TwFp8

They played it on a resonator guitar at the wedding last week as the bride walked down the isle with her Dad.  It was superb!

Its a long shot, but  i, and he, would greatly appreciate same.

Hugs to all from the Emerald isle.

Old Doll.:cool:

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Re: Asking for a Favour Please !

I cannot help you out on your request, but I am thrilled to have you come out of retirement. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Old Doll good too see you back here,I hope you got your eye surgery done. I can not help you with the song either,hope on of the other members can.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Good to hear from you Lena! I have only one friend. UH-with a National dobro that is, and I don't think he

would mind possibly trying although he doesn't play much anymore. Will try to contact him and see what

he thinks. Hope all is well with you and yours!       Mike

Our intuitions serve us well

Good to see you pop in here Lena!  I wish I could help, no dobro's here though.  Come back again soon, perhaps someone's working on it already!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Lena I looked and listened to the video the song is easy to play but why dose it have to be on a resonator? the song is in the Key of F major it revolves around three changes F Bb and C with a Dm, it's also in 6/4 time or waltz time or if you prefer 3/4 my resonator is a Dobro hound dog the strings are set up like a steel guitar (high off the frets) I can play this easily on a six string guitar I will see what I can do with the Dobro and get back to you my lady smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

7 (edited by Russell_Harding 2011-10-25 17:08:18)

the music is very similar to the duet in the movie "Master and Commander" it has the same feel I learned this also it took about 3 days to memorize.watch this and you will hear a simalarity the music starts about 1:18 into the video. smile
http://movieclips.com/f2qcj-master-and- … ie-a-duet/

Thank you so much to all.

My apologies for only getting back to this item now. I've been busy.

When my son heard this piece it was played on a resonator. I am assured by him, it would be most welcome
played on any type of guitar.

He has tried to locate same on the web with no Joy. Thank you Russell for your attention to same. I, we, appreciate your time. It would be most welcome on 6 string..

Dino 48, I have had some work done to my eyes. But i need more surgery in January 2012..
Papaguitar,  Thank you ...I miss you all, but i also have a beautiful new grand daughter to take up what spare time i'm left with lol..

She " Mia " is such a great joy to me. I love shopping for her, with her,and spending quality time whenever i can with her..At the moment shes my greatest joy in life..

My warmest wishes to you all.

Slán,

Old Doll.

Helena can your son read music because it is not going to be easy trying to follow the changes even for a exeperienced guitarist this song is as I said not only in 6/4 time but the chord change are syncopated sometimes occuring on the downbeats the changes are
F//F//|C//|F//F//F//BbFC//| F//F//C//F//Bb// | F//C//F// then Bb//C// | Dm////C|Bb//C//|F///// neutral and the whole thing repeats till the ending but its still tricky withBb Am G thrown in for good measure I would suggest useing the link above and let him play these chords and try to follow the melody and see if it helps

Nice to see you again Old Doll.  I hope the best for you and your family.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Hi Russell !

No, my son doe's not read music or play. He requested a guitarist  to play and record the tune for his own personal listening...

Thank you for your help with this one.. Its appreciated.

BensonP, How are you me darlin. I miss our singing and dancing hours. I hope life is good for you and yours,

Im dragging the devil by the tail this weather lol.. One of these weeks i'll get time to come and read all i liked to,  when i had more free time..Life is busy most days. early starts, early to bed. But i'm glad to report i'm still  horizontal and above the  clay..

Hugs across the pond to you all.

Old Doll.

I also miss the old days of dancing and singing.  It is turning cold here also.  I wish you the best.  Come back more often.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

ok Lena I understand smile

Old Doll wrote:

Hi Russell !

No, my son doe's not read music or play. He requested a guitarist  to play and record the tune for his own personal listening...

Thank you for your help with this one.. Its appreciated.

BensonP, How are you me darlin. I miss our singing and dancing hours. I hope life is good for you and yours,

Im dragging the devil by the tail this weather lol.. One of these weeks i'll get time to come and read all i liked to,  when i had more free time..Life is busy most days. early starts, early to bed. But i'm glad to report i'm still  horizontal and above the  clay..

Hugs across the pond to you all.

Old Doll.

14 (edited by topdown 2011-11-11 23:19:27)

Fáilte All,

I was playing the Waterboys CD the other day. I love there music. I have heard this particular song so many times, But, for some reason while listening to it this week, i was skullhauled in my mind back to all my friends here. To all the times i spent interacting with many wonderful chordie people,  through some very difficult times in my life.  with Love, sickness and loss...through it all your replies, kindness, laughter, and sharing was soooo appreciated... So there now, digest this one !! lol I thought id share these good feelings with all  who contribute to this wonderful forum . Your making great friends worldwide, without realizing it. Although, we may never meet on this planet..

The song and lyrics that reminded me of you all..Enjoy !

http://youtu.be/RWIgPif4EQo

SAINTS AND ANGELS (Scott/Wickham)

----------------------------------------

Many hearts to keep you warm
Many guides to speed you through the storm
and may the saints and angels watch over you

Hugs to all,
Old Doll.

Doll, You know I love ya and I hate to edit your post, but you must have forgotten the rules about posting lyrics on the forum. I have left the last line as snippets of lyrics are allowed and here's a link to the full lyric: http://www.lyricstime.com/waterboys-sai … yrics.html I hope you are not offended my dear lady - topdown

Nae Bother Topdown,

I'm not one bit offended. Rules must be adhered to. I'm away from the forum to long to remember the rules lol My apologies !

Hugs to you and yours, and that gorgeous beach you spend time at.. I'm green with envy Sir, every time i see the pics.

Old Doll.

hi everyone,
alan s here alias narrowboat I am new to the forum and would appreciate some help.

I started playing 3yrs ago a lifetime ambition but at 66 years of age I am a little slow however, am looking to buy a used epiphone les paul. It looks superb but the serial no. given to me over the phone is+10041509595 and I cannot trace this anywhere on the internet. Could anyone advise me, all the numbers I have come across have fewer digits than this one and the various sites tell me this is unrecognisable.
Look forward to your resplnse....... Thank you in adviance - Alan