Topic: New band name could win you some cash

Hey everyone! This is in regards to a new band that I've been working with locally. The time has come to venture out of the
  studio and start gigging. We've been asked to drop off a demo at a local establishment that has been closed for awhile due
  to economics but has since re-opened. We have a full blown studio to record in however we have spent much of the past
  time rehearsing and just recording our practice, so it looks like we will do a "live" audition of sorts. We plan to fully set up
  and play a set or two for the fun of it and if all goes well(fingers crossed), we will get a booking for a pre Christmas party
  there next month. We will be the first band to play there since the new opening.

I've seen other threads here of people asking for help with band names and thought I'd throw the idea of someone winning
  $25.00 for a name that our band members would agree upon. Not a lot of loot but it could still be fun in a way. Of course
  some basic rules would apply:

1) ties are split evenly
                                            2) if one of our own names are used we will draw a winner from all names submitted
                                            3) winner will be notified and a check sent to the address of such
                                            4) addresses can be furnished via e-mail after the winner is notified
                                            5) Post entry here on Chordie
                                            6) Limit suggestions to 5 names per post

We're just throwing this out  for now, Would like to hear back from the moderators for acceptance of this or "no go".
  We will probably run an ad in the local paper and take entries the night we play also. The more the merrier!

Will play on the 19th this month if all goes well, so there will be time to ponder. Providing moderator approval I will
give info about ourselves to assist the brain cells creative powers.:)                 Thanks-Mike

Our intuitions serve us well

Re: New band name could win you some cash

What kind of band is it?

If my entries win, you buy yourself a beer with the proceeds.  smile

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

Pacific Notewest

Papa G and the Uitars

Wondering Minstrals

Six on One, Four on Another

King of the Street

If you can let us know the kind of music you play and how many there are of you, that would help.  If any of my entries win, buy yourselves a round.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

And if you're ever in a pinch.

http://www.bandnamemaker.com/

"Deep Dish Gravity" is one of my favorites.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

Heavy Cream...   

badeye    cool

one caper after another

Wow, got some good ones already. Very clever you guys! Ah the band--- a five piece, Misty on vocals, Dan on guitar, Mike
   on drums, Rolf(he's from the Netherlands) on bass, and myself. Classic rock for sure-Jefferson Airplane, Fleetwood Mac,
   Dylan, CCR, Dire Straits, for a few and some not so classic, Jewel, Hootie,4Non Blondes etc. Probably some surf tunes also
   and blues along with SRV covers.

What really counts for us is to have a good time and hope it rubs off onto our audiences. As long as Murphy's law doesn't
   interfere there will be a vid made on that night. Will pick the name shortly afterwards.  Thanks,  Mike

Really Ready Rockers.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

jerome.oneil wrote:

And if you're ever in a pinch.

http://www.bandnamemaker.com/

"Deep Dish Gravity" is one of my favorites.

Jerome are you in the town where they are looking for that missing child or is it an adult?

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Cover Boys

Five With Wives  (assuming you're married)

New Deputies

Little Dabs  (with apologies to Brylcreem)

Granite (refined rock...)

More to come.  I love making up band names.  Many times I'll be in a conversation and say "__________ would make a great band name."  Then when it's time to remember, I never do.  The only one I can recall at the moment is Artfully Dead Squirrels. 

- Zurf

If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom

Keep em coming! Zurf- I am the same way. If only I'd written them down! I know you guy are being nice by offering

the winning loot:) back to the band, but I look at this as a side bet in a way -between friends- and none of us like to

loose to a buddy right? So that makes the small prize much larger than it is.

From the songwriting forum - the topic "Ethanol Free Live Shrimp". It was mentioned that this would be a great band name. What do you think?

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

jets60 wrote:

From the songwriting forum - the topic "Ethanol Free Live Shrimp". It was mentioned that this would be a great band name. What do you think?

The name came from Tandm3 and Geoguitar said it would be a great band name.

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

There was a poster here a few years ago who had the handle "Wormproof", now there's a band name for you. 

Irish Tape

Black Pot and the Kettles, or just Black Kettles

Preserved Jam

Ubiquitous Rarities

Random Numbers

" Old Guy is Rocking"
Simon & Patrick Pro Flamed Maple (mmm, nice...)
Norman ST68 acoustic

Old Flame

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

oh this is easy

misty dan mike rolf & me

The King Of Audio Torture

Magnoleum Thunderbolts-----makes no sense at all but sounds cool

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

I've always thought "Free Beer" would be a great name

Don't take life too seriously, you're not getting out alive anyway

Senile Dementia

Heavy Currents

Creativity is afoot! Free beer on a marquee would surely draw a crowd!:) OK, we are on for the 19th to play at a club
  called Momma's. I am writing down all entries and associated names. We have around 50 entries total and will have more
  from the crowd at Momma's. I hope a Chordie member wins tho. Hey Jets-you're not far off on the seafood name.
  A band was formed about 30 miles from here in Trout Lake,Wa. called "Seafood Mommas".Changed the name later to
  "Quarterflash"!! No big expectations here,just fun.       Thanks, keep em coming.        Mike

What do ya think of "The Rusty String Band", "The Bent Tuners", or "The Broken Strings".

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

if you are going to do live work  ` Sound & Vision`

If ya want something short        `Rustic`

Or something laid back              `Cloudy Bay`

If ya do some beatles stuff        `Lemon & Mccarthy`

The King Of Audio Torture

Idiot Savants was once suggested, but political correctness made it go off the list.  I still like it, but you need a name that says you'll be playing Nostalgic Rock.  Your music selection sounds very appealing.  I'd say pick a name that says you'll be playing Old School of Rock.

My son calls my music "Dad Rock" (Zepplin, Floyd, Stones, etc.). So as a play off of Kid Rock, how about PapaRock or PopaRock?

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Whatever you choose,I ask you.No I beg you,please don`t put a z where an s belongs.Nothing bugs me like that.In fact,I will not patronize any place that does that.If they can`t spell it right,they don`t want my business.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.