Topic: UPDATE on Whoops(or I may have really done it this time)

Hey all, saw the hand surgeon today and he removed the wire that has been holding my tendon together. It seems that the surgery was successful and now comes rehabilitation. My entire hand is extremely swollen and stiff. At this point I have very little flexibility even in the fingers that weren't injured,but this will improve over time. I don't know if I'll ever regain full mobility but it will be what it will be. Right now I've got to regain finger strength and worry about the rest as it comes. Thanks to all for your thoughts and prayers, I'm sure it made a difference. I'm so glad to be out of the splint and can actually look forward to picking up my guitar again. Again thanks to all.           Butch

Don't take life too seriously, you're not getting out alive anyway

Re: UPDATE on Whoops(or I may have really done it this time)

Praise the Lord, man, that's awesome.  Lets hope you get full mobility back.  How cool would that be that you'd then be able to play guitar right or left handed.  You could be like a one-man rhythm section or something.  Maybe get a custom guitar built that you could strum with pedals while fingering two sets of chords. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

3 (edited by bluejeep 2011-11-15 01:07:58)

Thats good news, we will keep praying for successful rehabilitation and continued healing for you.                                                           

-Tom

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

With all the bending and pressure I think playing guitar would be rehab in itself.

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats great bswyers,I know one of the members here had to go from right too left hand , I am not sure I think it is southpaw. Rehap therepy is always the hardest part,I had a broken ankle and the pain of breaking it was nothing compared to the therepy pain so be prepared.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

SouthPaw did it, and did it well.

Might also look at picking up a lap steel or slide and play in open tuning.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

Congrats Butch!  I agree that maybe, just maybe playing the guitar could be considered therapy.  Wow, imagine having a Doctor's prescription requiring you to play the guitar.  Nice!  Glad you are on the mend!  Now, get to playing!

Find a Path or Make One    This is a motto I have been following my entire life and one I am currently using with my music.
Big Jim from Ashville Ohio

First day of occupational therapy today. Didn't amount to much,some testing of dexterity and grip strength. I was amazed at the difference in numbers between my right and left hands. With my right I was around 85 pounds of grip strength,my left was less than 20. A long way to go there. But on the plus side I was able to insert and remove pegs into a block (9 pegs) in 20 seconds with my right and the left took 49 seconds. I thought that was a terrible time but the therapist said I actually did better than was expected. I felt extremely clumsy but all in all they felt I did well. On Friday I'll be starting some exercises to get my fingers to loosen up and develop more strength. She feels that I should start trying to play asap even though it may be frustrating as long as I don't over do it. The scar tissue is very sensitive and still not completely healed so no barre chords for awhile. At least it seems I may be able to strum a little. Better than nothing. Thanks again to all my well wishers. You guys are great

Don't take life too seriously, you're not getting out alive anyway

That's great news Butch!!!! See I told you playing guitar would be therapy. Really, how can it not be good, the things you have to make your fretting hand do. hmm And it's good that you have a specific goal to work toward.

We're all rooting for ya!!! Keep us updated.

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!