1 (edited by cameronkl7 2011-11-17 17:50:15)

Topic: Tornado strikes my community

Last night a tornado struck the community I live it, 3 deaths, a lot of this damage happened within two miles of our home. We were lucky no injuries or harm to us but the tornado's path destroyed many homes and business. I spoke to one friend of mine this morning who's home is completely gone. I went over to look at it, and there's nothing but the foundation left. You just never know, be grateful for who and what you have, it can all be gone in an instant.

Cam   http://www.myfox8.com/weather/wghp-phot … otogallery

Keep a fire burning in your eyes
Pay attention to the open sky
You never know what will be coming down

Re: Tornado strikes my community

Holy smokes.  I hope you can help your friend and am glad that you are safe. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Cam,they are showing the damage in n.c.on fox news right now looks pretty bad. I think if I were you I would be very thankfull it missed me being it was only two miles away from you.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Whoa - that's terrible. Glad you're OK. Must stop complaining about our weather...

" Old Guy is Rocking"
Simon & Patrick Pro Flamed Maple (mmm, nice...)
Norman ST68 acoustic

I always feel terrible for those that get it full on and lose everything.  I can't imagine it.  Glad you guys are ok.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Some of these pictures and video are with people I know in my community, it says Lexington or Thomasville NC, but it was actually outside of town, in Silver Valley NC. The video of the vehicle buried in debris is from what use to be a Marina but now it was game room, the little local store that I visit everyday is right next door. It was left virtually unharmed, just very minor damage  but two restraunt's one connected to the store was hit pretty hard, another restraunt's just behind the the scene where the car is another restraunt that took a huge hit as well. If you look at the first link to pictures I posted earlier today,  you'll see that some of them are on New Cut Road, I can see that road from where I live you can go two miles down that Rd and more homes destroyed. I could actually walk to them if I wanted to.also and this is hard to believe, but my friend who lost his home runs one of the restraunts as well, so he got hit twice. the community will surely help him. Thank God his kids weren't home with him when this happened.

Here is some new video of what remains one at the top, another at the bottom. http://triad.news14.com/content/top_sto … son-county

Also, I did not know the people killed, but it was a Grandmother and her Grandchild from what I understand.

There were news stations are far away as Raleigh here, and yes, I actually found were they interviewd my friend Alan, I know while I was there other stations were waiting to interview him as well. Click all 3 links here. The lumber yrd it's shows is next door is a cross the road, it's a real mess in my community.

http://www.wral.com/weather/video/10391 … id10391668

I saw the reports on t.v. the other night. A terrible thing to have happen to anyone but even more so when it strikes at home. Luckily your home was spared but sorry to hear you friend lost so much. Thoughts and prayers to you and yours as your community works to recover.

Don't take life too seriously, you're not getting out alive anyway

Wow Cam - That's too close for comfort! Glad you are okay

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Thanks guys, I pass along the good wishes to the ones affected, I'm sure they'll appreciate it. Things are a mess here just now, but were a close knit community and everyone knows everyone, it's still hard to believe, worse thing I've seen personally since Hurricane Hugo hit South Carolina while I was staying down there.

Cam

Glad you are ok and not involved, my Wife and I were in Ashville that night, scary to hear the report on the TV. One missed our community by about a mile a few years ago. Nasty things, only way to be safe is to be under ground level in a basement or shelter. My heart goes out to your friends.  b

Thanks again guys, The news stations are still in the area, lots of cleaning up going on as you might imagine, my friend has another place to stay thank goodness. I appreciate everyone's concern, it means so much to folks who's lives where normal one second and completely changed the next.

Cam