Topic: Amazing talent

Hi All!!!!!

I saw this awhile back and thought I'd share it. The show is "Stan Lee's Superhuman" it's on the History channel. If you have a chance try to watch this episode. It is very cool. the guy described below has stuff on youtube but nothing spotlights him as much as the show. In it, they "test" him. He listens to a composer play a piece of music he has never heard before. He then replicates that piece note for note after only hearing it once. I think he gets like 95% or more of it exact. That's good stuff!!!!!!

Here is the episode description:

The Human Jukebox
Full Name: Derek Paravicini
Hometown: London, England

Derek Paravicini is a blind, autistic, 30-year-old British man with an incredible superhuman gift. He can remember and accurately replay any song he ever hears.

When he was a child, Derek became fascinated by sounds and began playing every sound he heard as a musical note. Unable to read Braille, Derek started to learn music by treating it like a vocabulary.

Derek is known as a savant, one of just a few known cases in the world. This means that his brain seems unable to process simple tasks but excels in one specific area.

Daniel investigates Derek’s musical genius and the amazing power of the human brain.

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Amazing talent

I have seen him on 60 Minutes.  He is amazing.  I love to watch him.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Fascninating.  Here on youtube go to about 4:15 in and watch him replicate 10 notes and more on songs he's never heard.  Gifted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6HCXx8U6Ko

Me on the other hand may play a chord that's off and not even realize it.

Steve, that's along the same lines as what I saw in Superhuman.

As I watched that vid it made me think of the movie "The Matrix". Those people outside of the matrix saw it in code as numbers, letters, and characters. Derek sees the world in musical notes. Just awesome. It's sorta sad that he has to have disabilities to have such an amazing ability. But then again, that's what make him so unique.

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

5 (edited by dino48 2011-11-20 18:28:06)

Fantastic musical ability,but I think he would rather like too lead a normal lifestyle.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman