Topic: Careful all you paddlers!

Paddlers,
I saw this today. Don't let this happen to you.

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/msg/2712803838.html

dj

Re: Careful all you paddlers!

Paddling's sure enough hard on the shoulders, but it's hard to imagine anything short of dying that can happen on a river that hasn't happened to Dirty Ed two or three times and he hasn't stopped picking yet.  I hope this fellow recovers soon and learns that he can pick a guitar after all. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

???

All I can see is some photos of guitars. Am I missing something?

Is anything really made up of zeros and ones??

Alvee - The ad says that he was selling the guitar because a paddling related injury prevents him from playing it. 

Shy of losing an arm or his life, I'm trying to figure out what the injury would be.  If he lost his life, I expect that he wouldn't be writing an ad. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

I'm guessing a shoulder injury - a common problem among hair (whitewater) boaters.  I've never had a bad injury while on the water but carrying yaks down river paths and rock-hopping to scout rapids has caused a few pains over the years.  I sold my jumbo Guild 12-string back in the 80's because after tearing up my shoulder while carrying a yak down a goat path to run a flooded river section, my arm just couldn't comfortably reach over the lower bout.  Twenty years later I sold my dread-naught because accumulated shoulder injuries made it too painful to play.  I'm pretty comfortable with 000's now but there's always the possibility of 00's 0's and parlors in my future ...............

DE

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs